Whats wrong with this scope?

pass-thru

You get what you pay for. And good optics aren't cheap. You'd be better off buying a standard nikon or bushnell for more but still relatively cheap.

mr.hicks

yeh, and i truely believe in the 'get what you pay for' but for some reason i think there's alot of over priced scopes out there.
'corse this thing has just too much for the price.
thanks

ewc

I promised I would keep my optic opinions to myself over on the muzzleloader forum.

Sorry. I'd LOVE to voice my opinion...

:D

Boone 58

Nikon Buckmasters for around 200 bucks cant be beat for overall clarity and price...........
Great value on a great quality scope.

6.5 swede

I traded for an x bolt 30-06 with one on it. I'll sell it for $50. Haven't had the chance to zero the new scope but I did shoot the cheap one and it did hold a zero with my 30-06.

mr.hicks

Hey and what about customer service with mid to higher end scopes? anyone heard the good or bad stuff. Plus i think it would be cool to have a resource for looking at hunting stuff made in the U.S.

Model70Man

mshicks said:
Hey and what about customer service with mid to higher end scopes? anyone heard the good or bad stuff. Plus i think it would be cool to have a resource for looking at hunting stuff made in the U.S.

You will get excellent customer service with Leupold as they have set the bar for customer service. Many other companies have followed suit. Bushnell, on the other hand, supposedly has a lifetime warranty, but many people get the run around with CS and end up never getting their purchase back repaired. Zeiss, Meopta, Leica, Minox, Night Force, Vortex, and Sightron are a handful of companies that have excellent customer service such as Leupolds. I'm sure I've left some companies out that also have great CS.

Tiny

pass-thru said:
You get what you pay for. And good optics aren't cheap. You'd be better off buying a standard nikon or bushnell for more but still relatively cheap.

DEER ASSASSIN said:
ewc said:
I promised I would keep my optic opinions to myself over on the muzzleloader forum.

Sorry. I'd LOVE to voice my opinion...

:D

oh judd come on

well i will be honest every time i go to the woods i plan on killing the biggest buck in the world or at least 3 does

i will never own a scope named centerpoint
cheap scope will have cross hair fade will fog and loose poi (point of impact) and usually wont track right which is frustrating when trying to sight in

mshicks said:
yeh, i think there's alot of over priced scopes out there.

maby but i am sorry id take a 3-9x40 zeiss for 399 new over any dang 4x16 junk or burris or bushnell

clarity is more important than magnification

ud be better off with a used bushnell eliete 3200 or burris fullfield II

u can get either used from 99-150 and the burris new for 130

and be light years ahead of this scope

redblood said:
High end guns and optics are made to bang around in the woods.they can take it because they are well built. It is the cheap stuff you got to worry about

Agreee with all the above but add tthe new Redfields to the list. :grin: ;)

Have no opinion of the the scope in question you gotta do what you gotta do.

Model70Man

mshicks said:
Thanks guys, i'll definately keep all that in mind. looks leupold will be who i measure the others against when comparing.

For warranty I would use Leupold to measure up to.
Optically, however, Zeiss can't be beat dollar for dollar.

Boone 58

oh judd come on

well i will be honest every time i go to the woods i plan on killing the biggest buck in the world or at least 3 does

maby but i am sorry id take a 3-9x40 zeiss for 399 new over any dang 4x16 junk or burris or bushnell

D. A....you crack me up....trophy deer or at least 3 does!
LMBO!

clarity is more important than magnification

ud be better off with a used bushnell eliete 3200 or burris fullfield II

u can get either used from 99-150 and the burris new for 130

and be light years ahead of this scope [/quote]

Latest posts