What's the best ramp at OH for a bigger boat? 55'

TNReb

Flippers would work. If you're closer to Nashville, I wouldn't go all the way to Gallatin for it.

I've never put in at Rockland, but I think it's roughly 3 lanes and probably as big as any other ramp. Good choice if you're near that side of the lake.

Shutes Branch (Saundersville Rd) and Davis Corner (Burton Rd off of 109) will give you plenty of room to maneuver your truck/etc. I don't know what kind of boat you've got, but people put big pontoons in there regularly.

Avoid Lone Branch. Small ramp and it's aggravating. Also avoid anything east of Flippers. Most everything that way will be small. Misty Cove is the biggest one up river, but I haven't been there in a couple of years. I'm not sure what kind of condition it's in.

Bgoodman30

Flippers would work. If you're closer to Nashville, I wouldn't go all the way to Gallatin for it.

I've never put in at Rockland, but I think it's roughly 3 lanes and probably as big as any other ramp. Good choice if you're near that side of the lake.

Shutes Branch (Saundersville Rd) and Davis Corner (Burton Rd off of 109) will give you plenty of room to maneuver your truck/etc. I don't know what kind of boat you've got, but people put big pontoons in there regularly.

Avoid Lone Branch. Small ramp and it's aggravating. Also avoid anything east of Flippers. Most everything that way will be small. Misty Cove is the biggest one up river, but I haven't been there in a couple of years. I'm not sure what kind of condition it's in.

I was thinking Shutes Branch.. Is Davis corner the one just south of the bridge on 109?

Thanks for all the help

TNReb

I was thinking Shutes Branch.. Is Davis corner the one just south of the bridge on 109?

Thanks for all the help
There are two south of the 109 bridge. The first one (if you're driving south) is Laguardo. It's a small swim beach with a boat ramp. I wouldn't advise that one (and they charge a fee).

Davis Corner is about a quarter mile past it. Turn right (west) on to Burton Rd. Davis Corner will be about a half mile on your right. You can't see it from the highway.

Urban_Hunter

Really? You must've never put in the river below OH dam or most any ramp on Center Hill

The guy is asking about a trailer over 30' long. The ramp below the dam may be a mile long, but is no where near as steep as rockland. Same goes for most ramps I've been to on center hill.

It's hard to get a boat on a trailer when back of the trailer is 8 feet under the boat. I'll add I've seen more trucks pulled up the ramp by other trucks at rockland than any other ramp I've been to. I grew up right by rockland, and I literally drove past it to get to other ramps because my little ranger couldn't pull my boat up the ramp without slipping the clutch, a problem I never had anywhere else… including center hill

Bgoodman30

Welp a buddy talked me into Lones Branch due to parking.. I couldn't remember the name of it but knew it was the one right past CCYC. Got it done but the ramp and dock did suck. The trailer almost bottomed out loading plus I let my wife load it for the first time, just got done scrubbing the pvc from the guides off the hull...lol Parking was nice though and not crowded or rushed just pulled the truck into the grass a bit.. Davis corner was the one I was originally thinking of but knew it would be crowded and wasn't sure about parking.. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts