What y’all think?

jwb

Supposed to leave next Monday the 26th to take the little boys to hunt west Sandy. My question is with this cold forecast for the end of this week into weekend do you all think that it will be locked up frozen? Never been there. Looks like it's supposed to get back above freezing on Monday but hate to drive from east tn if we will be froze out. Got the blind from 26-29. What y'all think? Thanks for any input.

WilcoKen

Pretty sure it will be locked up even after higher temps Monday. Not sure how many days you have it but maybe Tues afternoon and Wed will be a thaw. Guys from that area will know better than me. It would be good if you could speak with the wma manager before leaving on Monday. Good luck if you do get to go.

Displaced_Vol

I think it's gonna take a while to thaw out from 0 & negative temps. Go the first day and bust out a hole in the ice & set up an ice eater to help keep it open. Hell it may be too thick to even bust a hole though.
Is there any current in that hole? That might help some.

jwb

It's west Sandy blind 25. Wouldn't think there would be much if any current but really no idea.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
The only time there is current is when it is being pumped or is being flooded by the water level on the lake coming over the levee.

Just really hard to say how bad it will ice up.

Bullfrog

I think you're looking at Wednesday evening/Thursday at the earliest for a thaw. There will be people trying to bust in though. Could be pretty good if timing works out.

Latest posts