what tools do you need?

fishboy1

The girlfriends family land has given up some good arrow heads.

What tools do I need to do some digging around? They have a Radio shack metal dectector that is 5 years old that is good for finding rusty nails.

I was thinking a small hand shovel and some sort of strainer/sifter would be helpful.

What do you use?

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
A good siftter for a 5 gal bucket is easy to make. Go to Walmart. Go back to patio where the grills and grilling euipment is. They have a round grate to use when grilling small stuff,or used when you're to lazy to clean your grill. It's only a few bucks and fits the bucket perfectly.
The cheap metal detector should be able to discriminate nails out if you learn how to use it. Good Luck. With all this rain the soil is perkulating the arrowheads oughta be popping up.

muskyhunter

i use a large sifter with wheels and sit it one a stand with tracks, several 5 gallon buckets and a good shovel. of course i am under rock shelters moving a lot of dirt. i dont know about surface hunting

fishboy1

The detector is for any kind of neat old metal stuff. Used to be a stagecoach stop somewhere on the property.

The arrow heads usually are in the bottom field by the creek or in the cave up the hill by the creek.

Latest posts