What I don't get.............

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok so we went bass fishing Saturday.
Overcast, windy (5-10mph), temps in the high 70's reaching the mid 80's by mid day.
Fished 4 1/2 hours.
I caught two and cbhunter caught one.

I can understand going and getting skunked, ok something due to the weather or barometric pressure or something has them shut down.
But what made those 3 fish bite and the probably hundreds of other bass that saw our baits not bite?

I figured it was just us but talked to another guy and he said he caught 2 all morning.

I know if I knew the answers I would be fishing for a living but sheesh I don't get it.
Supposedly near perfect conditions and we end up with three???

FLTENNHUNTER1

Try going next Sunday. If you catch 10 bass buy this app and thank me later (or WTM).

Attachments

• 480B114D-A138-42E5-9D98-D4A9D7D33F46.png
    480B114D-A138-42E5-9D98-D4A9D7D33F46.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 2E21E472-8D58-4FD4-8DFD-F4419D6FCC96.png
    2E21E472-8D58-4FD4-8DFD-F4419D6FCC96.png
    158 KB · Views: 84

Spurhunter

I can understand going and getting skunked, ok something due to the weather or barometric pressure or something has them shut down.
But what made those 3 fish bite and the probably hundreds of other bass that saw our baits not bite?
Reaction bite maybe? I always wondered how every bass in the lake knows to bite or not bite. Or get on wood laydowns, or get on cypress trees, or get on docks, or suspend over grass. I absolutely love those days when you have it 100% figured out and you can call your shots. But I suspect there are more days that every bass in the lake is doing something we don't figure out and have a day like yours.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
We even resorted to scanning deep water and finding ditches and stuff that showed fish but they weren't interested at all. :D

Crow Terminator

Fish are strange. I've been trying to figure out white bass lately. In the afternoon right before dark we've been catching them in "the jumps". For about the last 30 minutes of daylight, fish are breaking every where and no matter what you throw, you'll get hookups, and multiple hookups. Every cast. It's just a matter of how fast you can unhook them and recast before you're reeling in another. Then they vanish. I've been searching with side scan during the day and a couple/few hours prior to the jumps, and after...and locate these same schools of white bass while their not breaking the surface. But it's like pulling teeth to get them to bite. Might catch one or two if you jig a spoon in their face but certainly not like how they are in the jumps. What triggers them to feed like that every day at the same time? I've been there early at dawn hoping to get in on the same kind of jumps but they don't seem to break like they do in the afternoons.

West_Tn

You missed it by a day 😅 I had a little over 28lbs for my best 5 Friday afternoon. Pretty much had to make them bite though stroking a jig to get a reaction bite.

WTM

because in summer, fish feed up heavily at night, especially big bass. hard to catch fish with a full gut. with a major time of 4-9am saturday you were probably catching the tail end of the feed.

my favorite time to fish is at dusk. fish will come off the creek channels and head shallow to feed.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I caught two bass in rapid succession on swim baits through thick grass Saturday morning and thought "oh man, this is about to get ugly." But that was it until I somewhat randomly caught a little one with a magnum worm an hour later.

Smo

Game & Fish South

I've been hunting by these charts for years now.
It works. Shot this one at high noon eating acorns with his twin.

Just like the chart showed.😎👍
57FF4C19-1D77-4824-A718-34E25AE43832.png

I usually go 2 hours before and stay 2 hours after what's on the chart..

Don't want too miss anything..

1D5095EC-8B10-4038-B98E-1C2D895371E9.jpeg

Another high nooner..🤔😍👍

Last edited:

Latest posts