What electronic call? Advice needed please.

Orion6

I'm new to coyote hunting and predator hunting in general. I have killed a yote by sheer luck deer hunting a few years ago, and missed another this year.

It's clear that the lease I'm on needs some population thinning. Plus it seems and looks to be a lot of fun.

I have a lot of experience deer and turkey hunting, but I know this is a different game.

What is a good, affordable electronic call for a predator newbie? I'd like to have something with a little bit of remote range as there are some open areas where I have seen coyotes multiple times.

I've looked at the following calls, and I'd like to keep it in the $150 or less range to start:

Icotec GC300

Flextone Echo

Extreme Dimension Mini Phantom Remote (not the handheld flashlight looking call)

Johnny Stewart Jury

Western Rivers Pursuit

Thanks in advance!

Wildcat

You can get the Primo's Alpha Doog for around $200. It has 8 "Expert Hunts" where the pro Randy Anderson is doing all the calling, just hit the button and let him do all the work. It also has 75 sounds you can pick. The remote shows you everything that's happening and you control the whole thing any way you want.

So far of the 10 times I took it out it's called in 9 different coyotes and a bobcat.

Orion6

Wildcat said:
You can get the Primo's Alpha Doog for around $200. It has 8 "Expert Hunts" where the pro Randy Anderson is doing all the calling, just hit the button and let him do all the work. It also has 75 sounds you can pick. The remote shows you everything that's happening and you control the whole thing any way you want.

So far of the 10 times I took it out it's called in 9 different coyotes and bobcats.

Sounds pretty cool. I've read so much good and bad about all of them I'm wanting real world advice. I appreciate the recommendation.

7wsm

Wildcat said:

So far of the 10 times I took it out it's called in 9 different coyotes and a bobcat.
where have you seen the alpha dogg for 200 bucks

DIRTTRAX

I've had or hunted with all you mentioned. You can kill with all them but the remote distance on all them is spotty. I'm not sure what kind of range your looking for so they maybe fine. I finally settled on a fury because of the tx500 remote its awesome. I can set it wherever and doesn't have to be in line of sight either.

Grizzly Johnson

For $200 you can look at 2 models from the FoxPro lineup.... GREAT customer service if you ever need it.... I wouldn't own anything but a FP for that very reason.

Fordman

I am testing the ICOTEC GC500 now and its comparable to my Fox Pro wildfire 2 but has a price of less than 200.00. It really a sweet deal.

Hardwoodmaterials

If you have a Dunhams close just go to their website and get their 20% off coupon that's almost always on there. They can also scan it from a smartphone at the store if you don't have a printer. You can pick up a Foxpro Wildfire 2 for around $150 with that coupon!

Latest posts