What does it for you?

What do you like most when looking at antlers?

• 1. Width

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • 2. Height

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • 3. Mass

Votes: 68 63.6%
  • 4. Long brows

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

DoubleRidge

Seeing a super wide or really tall set of antlers going through the timber will certainly get the heart pumping....I love big wide square frames.....but holding antlers in your hands....mass wins out....a big heavy massive set of antlers that carry mass all the way out are something special.....but if given the option I'd select all the above. :)

agelessssone

Throw body size in as well.
I'm with backyardtndeer, all I care about is body size.
I pay X amout to have a deer processed regardless of size so I'd rather pay that amount for a 150 lb field dressed deer vs a 75 lb deer.
Processor told me a fella brought in a deer to be processed that weighed 18 lbs!!
Said he'd be lucky to get 5 lbs of meat back.
I've killed a couple of record book bucks and now I don't even take into consideration the antlers.
Killed a buck last week that had nice 5 points on one side and long fork on the other.
He weighed 161 lbs field dressed. That's my kinda deer right there!

JN

I have always liked a nice rack. One that has good mass and is symmetrical. Don't want any low hangers or one big one and one little one just a nice hood size rack will do.

RockMcL

The question was about antlers only so my answer was mass but I am not a trophy hunter so antlers are just gravy.

I do look for wide of ears but have seen high narrow racks that are instant shooters. Body & health are my real qualifiers but as my wife's elbow reminded me in Walmart recently, I do notice a nice rack...😅

Latest posts