What does Butch Do...

redblood

Game Plan for a weak western carolina team this week, or freestyle with carolina and spend the 2 weeks prepping for Gators. I think if he loses in the swamp, he is done. But with all the upsets of late could western carolina pull a miracle if they don't have a specific plan in place for them. What say you?

mtn cur

having said that, bj is not a big time coach. You don't kick a field goal from the 1, at home, early in the 1st qt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polar Kraft

If butch loses in the swamp he is not done, no chance that he is fired this year. Now losing to Florida at home next year will be a different story. Everybody settle down this is still a really young team without a ton of depth.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

Yeah one would have to think the Vols will be 2-1 After Saturday.

And The way Arkansas just got beat by Toledo.

South Carolina got smacked down by Kentucky, North Carolina about out played them in week 1, And now I think they just lost there QB for 4-6 weeks

Vandy,Kentucky, North Texas will all be wins.

Vols Still have a good shot at 8 wins which was the bar for most people.

Florida, Arkansas (at home) Georgia (at home), Missouri, South Carolina (at home)

Are all games Tennessee can win, They only need 3 for a good shot at 8 wins.

I think the Vols have a real good shot at Arkansas & SC at home.

Gravey

Polar Kraft":1pzv6zos said:
If butch loses in the swamp he is not done, no chance that he is fired this year. Now losing to Florida at home next year will be a different story. Everybody settle down this is still a really young team without a ton of depth.

What he said. As far as this week you prepare for this weeks game. NEVER overlook an opponent. All he has to do is point to Arkansas last Saturday.

A

Anonymous

Western Carolina is not Jac St. Tole do or any upset team. Tenn will pound them working on things they have to do no matter who they play.

A

Anonymous

mtn cur":2s7cdy8z said:
having said that, bj is not a big time coach. You don't kick a field goal from the 1, at home, early in the 1st qt!

He wanted to strike up the band no matter what, brings back good memories it seems.

Wrangler95

Polar Kraft":5e2iofgz said:

I agree,Butch will not be fired if he loses 6 games this year,People on message boards just dont get it.You dont fire a coach thats had two straight top 5 recruiting classes over losing a big game.If you did you would be constantly firing coaches! :tu:

Spurhunter

Wrangler95":3gdvobhv said:
Polar Kraft":3gdvobhv said:

I agree,Butch will not be fired if he loses 6 games this year,People on message boards just dont get it.You dont fire a coach thats had two straight top 5 recruiting classes over losing a big game.If you did you would be constantly firing coaches! :tu:

It's not that he lost a big game. It's the way he lost it.

mtn cur

myboomisdoom":35sbriwk said:
Through 27 games Butch and Dooley have the same record. 13-14.

not surprised

buckaroo

Perfect storm ending on the game, tight end dropped ball on td, missed fg, holding penalties, their qb, dodged being sacked by 4 defenders, stupid interference call. Some was coaching but most was on players

THEdonkey0515

Yup people are saying its 110'/, CBJs coaching, And I agree A lot of it was. No reason are offense should have been shut out that long. A single FG in the 4th wins us the game.

But truthfully, The vols were 1 Missed sack away, Or one less pass interference call away ( had like 3 in one drive)
Heck they was one 4th and goal stop away in overtime.

One missed FG away. Or the Hurd Fumble that backs us up 15 yards, and took us out ta FG range away

If UT could have did 1 just 1 of them things vols would have won, And all the people that are riding CBJ would be talking about how good of a coach he was just saying.

But CBJ still should have made Adjustments at half time to put a few more points on the board, and Not play it so safe.

Latest posts