west tn. public lands

JFields101

So I hope to get in some turkey hunting before my deployment in early April. crossing my fingers. Anybody know some good WMA's for gobblers. Ive been deer hunting this year down by the Obion River WMA off 45 by Greenfield, and the Beech Ridge unit. Thinking maybe the Beech Ridge might be good down by the river side. Any suggestions. thanks guys

A

Anonymous

If you are in Milan there might be an AAP pretty close that has some good turkey hunting. Takes a little investigation but is worth the effort ;)

JFields101

LOL. yeah the arsenal was on my list just dont know if i'll get time to hit up a safety class they require. thanks for the info guys.

scope eye

Beach Ridge and turkey hunting?? HA!!
I tried it there last year.
Opening day of deer gun season is not crowded compared to any day of turkey season.
Don't call, that only scares them there.
I followed a flock of about 30 hens for over 2 hours and never heard them make a sound. Not a single yelp, cluck or purr. Using a turkey call there is about as effective as throwing rocks to try get them closer.

send me a pm and I'll let you know of some of the areas they use during the season.

Latest posts