West TN Canada Goose?

TAFKAP

I've never seen anyone around this area that specifically sets up for Canada geese, especially during the early seasons. Anyone west of the TN river that could throw out some pointers?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
We go to a watershed and throw out 3-6 decoys off to the side of our teal / woodie spread.
If we get a chance it will be locals so that's all ya need.

TimberMan

It is tough, most of the birds hang out in no hunting zones or are on private. And what isnt leased can be hard to get permission because farmers are tired of having fields destroyed by ppl who say they are going to be respectful. It can be done but generally difficult to find public land they are using consistently.

Crosshairy

There is some really good hunting in Bartlett around 8 AM, pretty much anywhere. Just do it on Saturdays around the churches, and on weekends if near the schools. And don't stray far from the vehicle, so that you can leave quickly. And use a suppressor.

Seriously though, I killed a goose a few years back that clearly came from town and had run out to the Loosahatchie where I was on a friend's land. That goose was absolutely nasty. I want to kill another one to compare and just see if that's a common issue, but I had convinced myself it was from eating too much treated grass or something.

archer19

Really rough Hunting them here. Really bunch of local resident groups.
Have to float the river and on a good morning will get 3 groups flying up it.
Might get 2 good hunts in and then they remember and when they see you they turn direction.

Usually get between 10-12 a year
Only 4 this year........ course I can't hit crap either.

Latest posts