Well......

Shanman

....... after 15yrs without one, thought it was time to get a new bike. I've been using the deer cart for retrieval and that's fine, but sometimes I want to go farther in than I even want to pull the deer cart. Had several different versions of the Foreman I was willing to purchase and then this one came in, my #1 pick. Plane Jane green with foot shift, hopefully this one will take me into my 70's. I don't trail ride anymore and this one will be mainly for the lease and yard work, though I will be taking the wife to Catoosa and such ever so often.
20220506_202519.jpg

Shanman

Not sure of your age now but that thing will do what you want for a long time. I still use my Honda 300 4x4 I bought new in July 1999 so easy math says she's about to be 23 years old. Congrats!!!
I had a 97' 300 foreman for years, set very low and bottomed out all the time, but I could go anywhere i wanted. When the Rubicons first came out I thought they were huge, this new bike is just as big. Guess that tells my age....52.

Shanman

Nice ride! I put an order in last week for a Polaris Ranger, no telling when it will be here.
Hopefully you won't have to wait to long, those utvs are sure handy, especially in bad weather. I had a Rhino back in the day, it was a blast but sure couldn't handle a loaded down bed like a Ranger. All my friends that farm run Rangers, that speaks for itself I think.

Gravey

I had a 97' 300 foreman for years, set very low and bottomed out all the time, but I could go anywhere i wanted. When the Rubicons first came out I thought they were huge, this new bike is just as big. Guess that tells my age....52.
I'm right there with you at 49. My only complaint with it has always been ground clearance.

Shanman

Very nice, you won't be disappointed. I have a 2016 Rubicon, it is unreal how much they have went up in price. I have been babying mine because I can't see myself buying a new one.
I agree, one reason for purchasing now, they sure don't fall in price year after year. Who knows what kind of "green taxes" will be thrown on these things down the road also. 🙄

rem270

Congrats. Maybe I'm biased but it's dang hard to beat a Honda, especially if you're just using it for hunting. I'm on my 4th rancher and only reason I'm on my 4th is because I kept getting rid of them not because they tore up. I had an 02 that was pretty much a hunk of junk when I bought it in 07 from the previous person creek riding with it but it still did good for what I needed. Then I had an 09 I bought in 2012 for $3500 and decided in 2018 to sell it and buy a new one. Got my money back on it 6 years later and bought a new 2018. Had it for a year and decided to go the sxs route bc there were so many places to ride in Arkansas and not tear your stuff up. That ran its course and when we were moving back decided to sell it and that was in the middle of sky high prices. Finally found a mint condition 2010 rancher back in March and bought it. Congrats on the purchase.

Shanman

Congrats. Maybe I'm biased but it's dang hard to beat a Honda, especially if you're just using it for hunting. I'm on my 4th rancher and only reason I'm on my 4th is because I kept getting rid of them not because they tore up. I had an 02 that was pretty much a hunk of junk when I bought it in 07 from the previous person creek riding with it but it still did good for what I needed. Then I had an 09 I bought in 2012 for $3500 and decided in 2018 to sell it and buy a new one. Got my money back on it 6 years later and bought a new 2018. Had it for a year and decided to go the sxs route bc there were so many places to ride in Arkansas and not tear your stuff up. That ran its course and when we were moving back decided to sell it and that was in the middle of sky high prices. Finally found a mint condition 2010 rancher back in March and bought it. Congrats on the purchase.
In 07' I purchased a Rhino and loved that machine, sold the 97' Foreman because i wasn't using it. Was told I would regret selling it and I did after the fact. Wife and I took the new one to Catoosa on Sunday to break it in. Wife had never been on an atv in her life and she loved it, covered about 30 miles.
20220517_071322.jpg

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
In 07' I purchased a Rhino and loved that machine, sold the 97' Foreman because i wasn't using it. Was told I would regret selling it and I did after the fact. Wife and I took the new one to Catoosa on Sunday to break it in. Wife had never been on an atv in her life and she loved it, covered about 30 miles.View attachment 136928
Well I guess you need to buy you one now, she probably taking this one.

Methane

That seat set up looks comfortable. I will never ever ride on the back of a 4 wheeler. Was on the back like that is set up, not even going fast, the driver flipped it. He was able to jump off. Not me because I was in the seated position and you simply cannot jump from a seated position. That was 25 years ago and I've stuck to my promise. Now, you have justification to get another one!!

Latest posts