Well, she told me to....

backyardtndeer

Great story and congrats on a terrific buck.

You ought to hang a picture of him on the ground in their ground blind. Maybe they'll move it.
I believe these people are the same ones that are baiting. I have seen them pull in with bagged corn and buckets in the back of their side by sides. And this is CWD zone! Yeah, I know wherever they were on his property yesterday, that they heard me shoot. They would probably just dump more corn. I believe the deer I killed Wednesday, from the same stand is what prompted them to move in on top of me. They heard me shoot and couldn't help themselves, grass is greener.... I had not heard a 4 wheeler or side by side back there before then and I have hunted almost every day since Oct 31.

Then Thursday morning, I was sitting a different stand on the back of my property up on a hill looking over my back field, and I heard them riding in right at light. At one point the wind shifted just right and I smelled cigarette smoke. My wife got back from taking the kids to school and sat the stand I killed both deer from. She stayed out until midday and she heard them leave mid morning.

The guy just bought his property this year, I have been here hunting on my property 30 years.

Ski

I believe these people are the same ones that are baiting. I have seen them pull in with bagged corn and buckets in the back of their side by sides. And this is CWD zone! Yeah, I know wherever they were on his property yesterday, that they heard me shoot. They would probably just dump more corn. I believe the deer I killed Wednesday, from the same stand is what prompted them to move in on top of me. They heard me shoot and couldn't help themselves, grass is greener.... I had not heard a 4 wheeler or side by side back there before then and I have hunted almost every day since Oct 31.

Then Thursday morning, I was sitting a different stand on the back of my property up on a hill looking over my back field, and I heard them riding in right at light. At one point the wind shifted just right and I smelled cigarette smoke. My wife got back from taking the kids to school and sat the stand I killed both deer from. She stayed out until midday and she heard them leave mid morning.

The guy just bought his property this year, I have been here hunting on my property 30 years.

I'd hang that buck in the front yard so they couldn't miss it. Unfortunately all it would do is encourage them. Perhaps you'll get to meet them soon and hopefully can have a positive relationship emerge. That's a hope anyway.

backyardtndeer

Did you make it a point to drag him past the neighboring blind, whistling and grinning as well? :)
I drove the tractor where, if they were in the blind looking out the window, they likely would have seen it. Really was the best way for me to get to my deer, but I never got any closer than 60 yards from the line on that trail.
I'd hang that buck in the front yard so they couldn't miss it. Unfortunately all it would do is encourage them. Perhaps you'll get to meet them soon and hopefully can have a positive relationship emerge. That's a hope anyway.
We hung him in the garage. Our house is back a quarter mile off the road. He is in the cooler now.
Last thing I want is a war, just sucks that that landowner has 150+ acres on his parcel and has other properties too, and either he or someone he let on decides to jam up the trail that I basically created and have been hunting for a long freaking time.

Latest posts