Well crap, found him. Got euro back

270 Joe

In W.I. we can't use dogs, I have been in some difficult tracking situations with out snow. If you can't find it and leave it overnight, the wolves will get it. Ben hunting for 55 years, lost 2 deer . Wish we could use dogs, Bear hunters do use dogs, but they do lose some to wolves.

UCStandSitter

In W.I. we can't use dogs, I have been in some difficult tracking situations with out snow. If you can't find it and leave it overnight, the wolves will get it. Ben hunting for 55 years, lost 2 deer . Wish we could use dogs, Bear hunters do use dogs, but they do lose some to wolves.
Huh. Seems like they'd want to allow that opportunity

Carlos

Were you in a stand or at ground level when you shot?

Kudos to you for hanging in there and continuing to look for him. Great buck!

DeerCamp

Been a long few days. Shot this buck about 5:30 pm Saturday. Thought it was a good shot but just a hair low. Had decent blood but lost it after 100 yards. Found another spot about 200 yards away(with dog) Looked from 8pm to 10pm. Had a dog come Sunday looked for 3.5 hours . Went back yesterday looking for buzzards didn't see anything. Went back today and saw buzzards and finally found him. Really hate the meat went to waste but glad we found him. Red is where I shot him, green was last blood , blue is where we found him. Yellow is approximate track. Been kicking myself over this one. It is my best archery deer.

Sucks, but way to be persistent! Talk about not giving up.

But let's be honest - the meat didn't go to waste. They are part of the ecosystem. This was exactly what nature had planned for him.

Latest posts