Week one 2021 snares

Boone25/06

Snares only right now. I haven't had time to prep my foot traps yet. Snare are way faster and easier to maintain for me. I've got most of my foot traps set on my pond trying to get the otters out right now. The otters seem to come through for a few days then disappear for a couple weeks but I'm ready when they come back.

JCDEERMAN

Out of the 79 only 2 have been black. I see them on camera pretty often but only got 2 snared. The snares that I use are the micro locks and the coyote eliminator snares from the snare shop. The eliminator snares have a spring that holds pressure down on lock often killing them faster. It doesn't back off pressure when they stop pulling like regular locks.
Is this what you have? A dozen for $21 isn't bad at all. Also, is there anything else that needs to be purchased?

I would be scared to death that I'd catch a deer. We don't have much fence on our place, so it would need to be more on trails.

Boone25/06

Is this what you have? A dozen for $21 isn't bad at all. Also, is there anything else that needs to be purchased?

I would be scared to death that I'd catch a deer. We don't have much fence on our place, so it would need to be more on trails.
Those are the ones. They work good but if your using on trails be sure to add the option of deer stops on before buying. They should have a option for them when adding to cart. Set the low on trails and small loops and you should not get a deer, also add a limb or something for the deer to go over snare. When I first started 3 years ago I did catch 2 small does that were crossing a fence in same spot a coyotes. Still not too sure how they thought they could fit through the hole it was so small. I felt bad but I did catch 14 yotes in same spot so I hope I evened things out. Since then no deer knock on wood.

Boone25/06

Attachments

• EBA1DFAE-D477-43B1-B393-A83D7A6D6122.jpeg
    EBA1DFAE-D477-43B1-B393-A83D7A6D6122.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 95

wildlifefarmer

Boone, it looks like you have great success with the snares. My main concern is catching my neighbors dogs. All of my yote catches with snares the yote has choked out. The dogs that I have caught in snares seem to stop just before. Have you seen this trend with the dogs and yotes? This concern has me going toward foot holds mainly. At any rate Keep on catching those Yotes!!

Boone25/06

Boone, it looks like you have great success with the snares. My main concern is catching my neighbors dogs. All of my yote catches with snares the yote has choked out. The dogs that I have caught in snares seem to stop just before. Have you seen this trend with the dogs and yotes? This concern has me going toward foot holds mainly. At any rate Keep on catching those Yotes!!
I have caught several dogs over the years only one was dead and it didn't have a collar and looked rough like it was running wild anyways. All the others were sitting there wagging there tails. Caught a neighbors pit bull from 3 miles down the road twice in same snare. If it's got a collar on they don't fight it bad and get a pass from me.

Latest posts