Weatherby Element 20gauge turkey gun on sale at dunns

deerfever

Attachments

• IMG_20240206_215145752.jpg
    IMG_20240206_215145752.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 16

TheLBLman

I got one last year. It's not drilled and tapped but a Meadow creek mount is your friend! That's exactly what I put on mine and I really like it. No need to drill and tap unless you desire.
My Weatherby autoloader turkey gun was manufactured the very 1st year Weatherby conceived the idea of a 20 ga "turkey" gun.

Unlike the newer models, the original did not have a ribbed barrel, so there is nothing to attach the Meadow creek mount. However, the original was factory drilled & tapped for receiver mounted optics.

In retrospect, I'm actually glad there is no rib atop the barrel, simply because there is a smaller horizontal view (from a turkey's view) without the rib raising the top to bottom depth of the barrel.
When the gun has to be moved, side to side, less chance a turkey might see that barrel move.

Also as to the original, the camo stock pattern is in Realtree Xtra Green.

All versions are great little turkey guns.

2in1shot

I've got one I'll sell. It's set up for Apex Greenleaf and has already killed a turkey. It has Meadow Creek mount, fastfire3, Indian Creek .562, and matching bottomland Browning sling. I want to sell as package. 5 shells fired. All accessories were bought new in last month. Carried one hunt. Awesome set up, just have my eye on something else. PM me if interested.

Rebels20

I've got one I'll sell. It's set up for Apex Greenleaf and has already killed a turkey. It has Meadow Creek mount, fastfire3, Indian Creek .562, and matching bottomland Browning sling. I want to sell as package. 5 shells fired. All accessories were bought new in last month. Carried one hunt. Awesome set up, just have my eye on something else. PM me if interested.
Pm sent