Weather Starting to Change???

Bgoodman30

I am already getting reports of some new birds pushed into AR today. This is the first real weather front we have had that will freeze a lot of MO and the timing is perfect. The biggest migrations of ducks I have ever witnessed have been around the New Years. If this doesn't do it I don't know what will? The only thing I am worried about is the lack of water in TN might lead them elsewhere...

Dodge Man

I am already getting reports of some new birds pushed into AR today. This is the first real weather front we have had that will freeze a lot of MO and the timing is perfect. The biggest migrations of ducks I have ever witnessed have been around the New Years. If this doesn't do it I don't know what will? The only thing I am worried about is the lack of water in TN might lead them elsewhere...
I hunted most of the day today in West TN and it was about as slow as it could possibly get. We saw less then 100 ducks total. It has been that way all week. It is painfully slow. I hope we pick up some new ducks by Saturday or Sunday.

Levee Jumper

I hunted most of the day today in West TN and it was about as slow as it could possibly get. We saw less then 100 ducks total. It has been that way all week. It is painfully slow. I hope we pick up some new ducks by Saturday or Sunday.
Sounds like you saw twice as many as what was flying up and down the Obion yesterday. Its Rough!

Displaced_Vol

Hopefully this weekend will help. Always drive myself crazy trying to predict which day will be the day, doubt I'll be able to hunt everyone but if I could I'd probably be out Friday to Monday just in case.

WilcoKen

Any reports on Bootheel numbers? Hoping they are moving back in over there. I'm headed that way shortly.

Displaced_Vol

I was at Reelfoot fishing today, my blind killed 18 today. Majority after lunch but before the rain this afternoon.
I saw in the fishing forum you caught crappie with eggs in them, how was the bite? It sure felt like spring today. What time I spent outside Felt like I should be listening for gobbles more than quacks.

You've got a good bead on this stuff Dodge Man, do you reckon we (west KY/West TN) are gonna get some fresh faces sometime over this weekend?

TNTomtaker01

I saw in the fishing forum you caught crappie with eggs in them, how was the bite? It sure felt like spring today. What time I spent outside Felt like I should be listening for gobbles more than quacks.

You've got a good bead on this stuff Dodge Man, do you reckon we (west KY/West TN) are gonna get some fresh faces sometime over this weekend?
I'm no dodge man but if I was a single man I'd still be parked in Arkansas at camp. Pretty good rain front moved through this morning and another coming Saturday…. The next four days should see some fresh ducks and ducks looking at new water, with some cold weather that should make them think about feeding in the daylight.

Displaced_Vol

I'm no dodge man but if I was a single man I'd still be parked in Arkansas at camp. Pretty good rain front moved through this morning and another coming Saturday…. The next four days should see some fresh ducks and ducks looking at new water, with some cold weather that should make them think about feeding in the daylight.
Well that's what I'm thinking too but I feel like
I've bought into that fools gold a couple times the last 5 years or so only to be left high & dry. But I'm with you surely this weekend has got to help things out?
I know he hunts about everyday in an area that should see lots of migrating traffic if it's happening. My haunts close to home are hit or Miss at the best of times I like hearing from the flyway proper.

Dodge Man

My forcast on that is I would focast we pick up quite a few new ducks this weekend. But if that actually happens we will see I guess.

Bgoodman30

This one gets better by the day. It has it all flooding rain, time of year, 50 degree temp swing and snow.. Lots of snow and right where we need it too in the northern MO/IL zone. I like to check the weather where Habitat flats is located because there are a ton of ducks holding there obviously and they're going sub zero soon.

Lots of ducks died today and it will continue to get better I think…. There is still hope this season…

Trey13

This one gets better by the day. It has it all flooding rain, time of year, 50 degree temp swing and snow.. Lots of snow and right where we need it too in the northern MO/IL zone. I like to check the weather where Habitat flats is located because there are a ton of ducks holding there obviously and they're going sub zero soon.

Lots of ducks died today and it will continue to get better I think…. There is still hope this season…
Where are you located?

Latest posts