We need rain bad!

Tar12

Been awful dry here in West Central Indiana....its like walking on egg shells in the timber! We have been packing the CZ HM2s and taking longer shots to combat the noise.

1XRo1MYl.jpg

rk8gWZHl.jpg

larry ipock

In my area the squirrels are as wild as a deer. Make a move, and they are gone. I was moving so slow Fri. evening, that a coyote walked up on me. I might have got a shot, if my head wasn't in the trees. I've never seen them so spooky this early in the season.

Rjratliff1975

Tar12":8zbyqetd said:
Rjratliff1975":8zbyqetd said:
Nice hunts. Hunting when it's dry like that is extremely tough.
Hows your season going so far?
So far I've only hunted 6 hunts and killed 21. I have worked everyday for the last 2 weeks, so I haven't been in a while. I have 9 days vacation coming up in October, so maybe then I will be able to get after them again!

Tar12

Rjratliff1975":15q79du9 said:
Tar12":15q79du9 said:
Rjratliff1975":15q79du9 said:
Nice hunts. Hunting when it's dry like that is extremely tough.
Hows your season going so far?
So far I've only hunted 6 hunts and killed 21. I have worked everyday for the last 2 weeks, so I haven't been in a while. I have 9 days vacation coming up in October, so maybe then I will be able to get after them again!
I hear you about work..its starting to let up a little bit for me...this summer was brutal at work! I normally don't hit it this hard early in the season but have to take advantage of any time I get! I much prefer late September and all of October.

Tar12

larry ipock":3ln3kqtm said:
In my area the squirrels are as wild as a deer. Make a move, and they are gone. I was moving so slow Fri. evening, that a coyote walked up on me. I might have got a shot, if my head wasn't in the trees. I've never seen them so spooky this early in the season.
I have a area like that and really don't understand it as we are the only ones allowed to hunt there so I know human pressure isn't a issue...I wonder if its because the coyotes and hawks are working on them?

Rjratliff1975

Yeah, August, September and October are my favorite squirrel hunting months. But I will gladly go anytime during season that I have an opportunity!

Rjratliff1975

Tar12":bbuxzvc3 said:
larry ipock":bbuxzvc3 said:
I have a area like that and really don't understand it as we are the only ones allowed to hunt there so I know human pressure isn't a issue...I wonder if its because the coyotes and hawks are working on them?
I have known a few places like that and often wondered why. I know several years ago a buddy of mine gave me permission to hunt his property. He said this land hadn't been hunted in at least 15 or 20 years. I just knew I would take several limits off this land. I was so surprised when season opened at how scary the squirrels were. Don't think I ever killed more than 3or 4 over there.

Latest posts