WD40

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Is mixing WD40 with fish bait legal in TN? Sat in on a seminar Friday where a guide was telling people to soak marshmallows in WD40 for catfish. Seems TWRA and the EPA wouldnt be happy with this.

scn

It's fine. I don't think it has enough petroleum products in it to even be an issue. It is widely used out on the west coast to spray down salmon and steelhead lures. If it was a problem, the liberals out there would be having a fit.

catman529

TNDeerGuy said:
catman529 said:
Cool, good to know. I guess fish like the smell of it the way I like the smell of gasoline. :D

I knew something was the matter with you! LOL :D
hey you know you like the smell of gasoline. If not then you know at least a few people who do. Smells good... just wouldn't SNIFF the stuff. :D

Super8

WD-40's formula is a trade secret. The product was not patented in 1953 to avoid disclosing the details of its composition�the window of opportunity for patenting the product has long since closed.[4][7] WD-40's main ingredients, according to U.S. Material Safety Data Sheet information, are:

51% Stoddard solvent (In 1953 this was the predominant cleaning fluid used by dry cleaners.)
25% liquefied petroleum gas (presumably as a propellant; carbon dioxide is now used instead to reduce WD-40's considerable flammability)
15+% mineral oil (light lubricating oil)
10-% inert ingredients

Status
Not open for further replies.