Waverly Artifact Show

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
Never been to one until today. Didn't know what to expect really, on how it was like or anything. Seen a lot of great pieces, but only took a few pictures.
I meet I do believe one of the most interesting person ever, and me and him seem to hit it off right from the start.
This here is Ernest. He will be 78 at the end of this month.
Started hunting artifacts late 70's or very early 80's. Said he be hunting them now if he could find a place.
He has a very large collection, he couldn't begin to tell me how many pieces. All his pieces he has found. Never sells or trades.
Well he said he did buy 3 pieces at a show one time back in the 80's I do believe. Had them in his pocket for a few mins and told himself that those pieces could never go into his collections at home. Turned around and sold them before he left the show. lol
Out of the few thousand pieces he had there, I asked which one was his favorite?
Here it is.

Duck River sword blade.
ArtifactShow002.jpg

ArtifactShow001.jpg

ArtifactShow003.jpg

ArtifactShow004.jpg

ArtifactShow005.jpg

This is some from someone else's collections. I didn't get to ask what they were or where they came from. They are some type of teeth and every one of them has little holes drilled in the top.
I would say that they wore them as a necklace?
ArtifactShow006.jpg

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
I really loved the show. I got there almost to late. I didn't know they started at 8 am

robg606

Rach,
Sorry about not being able to go with you but as you know from the phonecall today why! That fellar there is a hoot, good ole Ernest.Did you see Hank's brother's (Shannon) artifacts? he usually has a few gooduns.

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
robg606 said:
Rach,
Sorry about not being able to go with you but as you know from the phonecall today why! That fellar there is a hoot, good ole Ernest.Did you see Hank's brother's (Shannon) artifacts? he usually has a few gooduns.
Yes I did and I wanted to get a picture of his but everytime I went to ask him he was talking. I didn't want to take any without asking him.
You know me I almost was myself and just butted in, that was hard to do but I did it. :D

Latest posts