Watering 66+ plants is bad enough....

catman529

...and now it's about time to start hardening off. After these storms move through... between school, work, and time actually at home I have to find out how to get my 66 tomato plants as well as a couple dozen peppers and other plants gradually adjusted to the outdoors so they don't get sun or wind burned.

And all those plants have to be moved from my 3rd story room down to the screened in porch in the back of the house, and only for a few hours the first couple days.

It's just part of growing from seed.... I enjoy watching my own work grow and produce fruit and it's a hobby that will probably stay with me as long as I have a place to put a garden. Pays off later in the summer, and I always grow extra seedlings to share with people which I also love to do.

WTM

i started mine about the same time you did, i started hardening mine early. put mine in the ground yesterday, just hope the rain dont beat them down.

catman529

Sounds good, they should be fine by now, I just decided to wait longer this year so the ground warms up more, and I have been turkey shooting so that is yet another distraction.

WTM

yea, i usually wait until may before i plant anything cause of the heavy rains. i may still have to cover them one time if blackberry or dogwood winter gets a frost. hope not.

Latest posts