water tank question

eddie c

Recently i bought a pop up camper from a friend whose husband had passed. she needed to get out from under the payments and I wanted a small camper for weekend trips to the lease.
My wife and I have used the camper 3 times, each time I filled up the water tank. the first 2 trips the water tasted fine but this past weekend the water tasted like plastic. I drain the water out after each trip and have ran some through to rinse it out each time.
any ideas why we would be getting the plastic taste on one trip and not the others?

thanks, Eddie

Poor redneck

It is like drinking from a hose pipe, the warmer it is the more of that taste you get. We use one of those white hoses to fill our tank up and carry separate drinking water. Also when I dewinterize I flush the system with water and a little bleach in it, then flush that out with water.

eddie c

Poor redneck said:
It is like drinking from a hose pipe, the warmer it is the more of that taste you get. We use one of those white hoses to fill our tank up and carry separate drinking water. Also when I dewinterize I flush the system with water and a little bleach in it, then flush that out with water.

my wife was wondering if we needed to put a clorine tablet in the tank at some point.

it's an 11 gal tank. it had been sitting idle for a couple of years so when i got it I poured a cup of bleach in, filled it up and let it sit for a couple of hours than flushed it out.

Latest posts