Watch your nocks!

rem270

Had a pretty rough couple of weeks with my xbow. Bought a Barnett Raptor in November last yr on a black Fri deal. Sighted it in on Christmas Eve and haven't shot it since til a couple of weeks ago. I pulled a brand new bolt of the box and put a field tip on it. First shot the bolt went halfway to the target and the string popped off the cams. I thought it was the xbow's fault. Took it in and had it fixed. Got it back and was still dead on at 40 and never had to re sight it. That time i used a different bolt.

The next day i grabbed the same bolt that i had used when it popped off the cam. First shot and string snaps into. I was pissed to say the least. Even more mad i didn't check the bolt after the 1st time it happened to me. Got to looking at the bolt and my half moon nock was turned the wrong way. Never would've thought that could cause so much damage but it did.

That bolt got thrown away, new string on the xbow and I'm back to dead on at 40 with my first reticle and shooting 100 yards with the last.

Don't do what I did! Check them bolts.

JeepKuntry

How was the half moon installed wrong? Did you have the groove vertical? I'm green with crossbows, and had massive issues with Gold Tip Ballistics. The factory bolts that came with the PSE fang grouped, but I have ordered Easton Bloodline's to try next.

rem270

JeepKuntry":2ifsosrh said:
How was the half moon installed wrong? Did you have the groove vertical? I'm green with crossbows, and had massive issues with Gold Tip Ballistics. The factory bolts that came with the PSE fang grouped, but I have ordered Easton Bloodline's to try next.
Yep it was out of the factory vertical and i didn't see it. Stupid mistake!

JeepKuntry

I had 2 Gold Tip Ballistics that literally went ballistic. idk what went wrong. The first sounds like a semi dry fire and the arrow was about 10 feet forward in the ground. The second was about 10 yards from the shot and did a loopty loop into the ground. Half moon nocks are the right way. It ruined 2 arrows. Hate that I bought 1/2 dozen and even though it should work with my setup, something is wrong. What bolts do you use?

rem270

I shoot the carbon express 20" bolts. That stinks about yours. Glad it didn't break the string or damage the cams. Sounds like it's not seating close enough to the string like mine was for some reason.

Tweeter

Just to be honest the string cane off cause Barnett bows are JUNK!!!
9-10 go back to the dealer cause they fall apart!

bigtex

My Excalibur uses flat nocks. Doesn't matter which way the shaft is rotated as long as one vane is down in the channel.

rem270

Tweeter":16o619ye said:
It had nothing to do with the quality of the bow. Post a video of yours and do not seat the bolt all the way and show me what it does.

mrw

They have had trouble with the Raptors breaking strings. You can Google it and see the reports. I won one at a turkey banquet and it blew up on about the 10th-15th shot. It wasn't because of a nock problem either. We sent it back and they sent us another type of Barnett. No problems with it so far.

mike243

Tweeter":1zu7pbz3 said:
and you work for Barnett in what position? where do you get your numbers from? ,how many ford or chevy trucks have problems? do you think the manufacture would ever let out the real numbers ? a WAG means nothing

Latest posts