Walleyes

shopson

I finally caught my limit of five today on Douglas which included this 4lb 9oz one. My partner came up a couple of fish short of his limit.
D10Walleye4lbs9ozs.jpg

D118KeepersMyFirstLimit.jpg

The letters on the cap used to stand for West Greene where my son went to school. Now that he has graduated they now stand for Walleye Guy.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Nice catch and in no way do I mean this to put your fish down. But dadgum, aren't those some skinny walleye? Is that representative of that lake?

Again, nice catch, good on ya. But those fish look like they just came from a concentration camp.

Or is it just me?

shopson

Dang, I thought someone would say something about them being too short but not too skinny. lol

If they were too skinny and starved, we should have caught more!

Actually they looked just fine to me but I havn't traveled and caught walleyes to be able to make that comparison, and the only time they look fatter is in the winter/spring when they fill up with eggs. If they are lean, it could have to do with them being a cool water fish and the water temps being in the low 80's. All I know for sure is that they made some nice fillets.

Tubakka

Try fishing Watauga lake sometime...hehe...dang we did a study there, you wanna talk about some FAT WALLEYES? We had one come up over 16 pounds. I've heard of them over 20 coming out of hte back end of Center Hill....at least that's what the Rock Island rangers say...right off the beach during spawning.

Droopy

My buddy caught a hawg 25inch walleye on Norris saturday night while fishing a bass tourney with me. It was a brute!

4onaside

Tubakka said:
Try fishing Watauga lake sometime...hehe...dang we did a study there, you wanna talk about some FAT WALLEYES? We had one come up over 16 pounds. I've heard of them over 20 coming out of hte back end of Center Hill....at least that's what the Rock Island rangers say...right off the beach during spawning.
Egg filled, fat stomach fish mean nothing, other than nice pictures, and weight bragging. You don't eat the stomach. It's the thickness of the "shoulders" and behind the cavity that matters. And if those dimensions pass muster, those are nice fillets(and also a neat picture for those of us who live betwixt and between eye country).

Latest posts