walleye + steel head??

fishboy1

Trying to plan a trip with my parents for next year.

Anybody have recommendations on where to go to fish for walleye and steelhead/coho/kings? Charters? Places to stay?

Would like to stay in the US, flexible on which state.
I know Lake Erie has good walleye and steel head.
Lake Michigan had good steel head/kings/coho back in the 70's

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

If you would like a Combo Walleye and Steelhead, Brown Trout trip then Upper New York State is the place..Pulaski, Ny is the name and you can catch them along about Late March early April..If interested let me know and will send you lot's more info..

moondawg

Ooooh...driving. Guess that will void my suggestion. :D

I was going to suggest the Pacific Northwest. I've never been there, but I've always heard about steelhead fishing up there.

JSassassin

manistee michigan, i would have to do some research on a charter but that is the place to go...my grandpa ran a charter boat there for many years....search that area online and you will find awesome steelhead fishing on the big and little manistee river..

hunterchub

Keep going north. Ontario Canada has some of the best Walleye fishing imaginable. Also can combine it with great Northern Pike and a possible fly in to some remote Brook Trout waters. There are alot of good outfitters with reasonable rates for cabin and boat rentals. I will also agree on fishing out of Dunkirk, NY for Walleye. Been several times and have had some exciting Walleye fishing. If you PM me I can look up a few good places for a Canadian trip. Here is one to get you started.
http://www.ladyevelynlake.net/

fishboy1

HC,
We fished Canada a couple years back. Amazing walleye and northern pike. The problem was the amount of travel and you could only bring 4 fish home. Thats some expensive fillets.

We want to keep it inside the US and within a reasonable drive of Nashville say 10-12 hours.

Would be nice to catch a bunch of steelhead/walleyes/coho and bring a cooler full back to munch on through out the year.

Coach

Fishboy...if you want to "charter" for salmon I've used Tamarac Charter service since 1980's...Ludington, MI. Walleye, I always use Tradewinds Charter out of Bolles Harbor near Monroe, MI. Steelhead can be caught in any northern river in the state starting about now...If you want to PM me I can give you phone #'s, where we stay..etc. Or just send me an email [email protected]

Latest posts