Walleye on Clinch

buckaroo

I have a week off and thinking of trying some walleye fishing on Clinch river, I have never fished it and will try from bank, near Tazewell, anyone have some pointers?

Hduke86

If you have a boat try WITH THE GENERATORS OFF ......Miller's Island to the Weir Dam. They were stacked in there last spring.
And don't go below Miller's Island and don't ask me how I know. 7mm08 gave me some advice back in August and for some reason I thought my aluminum boat would make it fine below Miller's with low water but not the case cause I believe my boat seat still has a imprint of my backside in it from centering a rock just below the surface and getting stuck sideways against the current. Should've paid better attention to his advice cause now I have a new battle scar and was never so happy to get my boat back to the ramp lol

ewc

If you have access to a boat, the last two weeks of March are prime. About a mile below 25 is a giant hole called the sand hole. Jig and a minnow.

If you come upstream from there, on your right hand side is some deeper water. Anchor 30 yards off shore and cast in jigging back in a 90 degree arc. Best spot I think.

Full moon- cast a clown colored shallow husky jerk from the bank. In a boat, troll upstream with the same.

Good luck. I did my Master's work there on walleye. Fantastic fishery.

7mm08

He's talking about the upper clinch above point 34.
I don't know what the upper Clinch is but this the Miller Island boat ramp......: paddle, row like we did or motor to the weir.....WITH THE GENERATORS OFFFFFFFFFF

THEY were stacked up in between those two points last spring. We rowed past a guy in a kayak that had caught two. How I wished for a spinning rod and crank baits that day.

Luckybuck16

I've got a jet boat and will provide everything including breakfast if someone would wanna show me where to go over that direction .. I catch them on the French broad and Douglas all spring

ewc

I can tell you exactly where to go and where you can't based on lake level and flow on either the Clinch or Powell rivers.

I spent 40-50 hours a week up there Jan 15-April 15 for three years checking angler explotation and catch rates and comparing those rates to what was there - I did a LOT of electrofishing.

Fun times in grad school. Have some fantastic stories.

Gill-netted the entire lake April-June those same years.

Antler Daddy

I can tell you exactly where to go and where you can't based on lake level and flow on either the Clinch or Powell rivers.

I spent 40-50 hours a week up there Jan 15-April 15 for three years checking angler explotation and catch rates and comparing those rates to what was there - I did a LOT of electrofishing.

Fun times in grad school. Have some fantastic stories.

Gill-netted the entire lake April-June those same years.
This guy!

RobDooley

I fished the Clinch for years in a boat. It doesn't matter if they are generating or not you can still run up to the weir and drift downstream way past Miller Island all the way to Clinton.

Chiflyguy

I fished the Clinch for years in a boat. It doesn't matter if they are generating or not you can still run up to the weir and drift downstream way past Miller Island all the way to Clinton.
Gonna scout out some shore fishin spots tomorrow

Setterman

This is really bad advice. With the generators off you're not floating anything other than maybe a kayak through miller's island. Sure you can drag a boat through, but you're not floating. Zero chance

Saying otherwise is potentially causing someone to try and get into a bad situation.

Latest posts