Wader Advice

nolanls43

I am looking for a new pair of waders. I ripped mine for the 3rd time this last saturday and i was gonna see what you guys think.

what brand do you have and what brand would you prefer.
o and please include the price or a link. If you would like to sell me a pair i wear a 11.5 xlarge
\
thanks guys

big B

I use Mack's Grand Praire wader 5mm alot of the reason is because we hunt next to the store and with the warranty it's easy to go get a new pair!

WHITMAN

Hodgman, had mine three years, and very warm. no problems out of mine at all. a buddy has them too. he has had his 5 years, and just got a leak last weekend....cause he was being a DA though

sneakboxer

Cabelas 5mm 1,000gram. I had a pair for 5 hard duck seasons plus salmon fishing until the insulation started to separate in the boot. I took them back for the heck of it and they credited me $100.00 for 5year old waders. Pretty good if you ask me.

Spoonbillmallard

I have been around a bunch of people who wear the lacross waders and all of them have switched to cabelas. My buddies lacross waders were punctured by a stick this morning. They just won't stand up to tough duck hunting. If you put them through any stress they fail every time. Everybody I have turned onto Cabelas waders haven't had one problem with them. And if something happens to them they have been known to give credit or even send you a brand new pair after a few years of use. You just can't beat the waders and the customer service. Mine have worn out on me this year which is the 3rd season I have worn them but that is hunting 45-55 days of the season for 3 years.

Cabelas 5mm 1600 Supermags......its the only wader to have.

mallard239

"Cabelas 5mm 1600 Supermags......its the only wader to have."

same, unless you are over about 6'0". they are cut a little short and the straps are short.

CBU93

mallard239 said:
"Cabelas 5mm 1600 Supermags......its the only wader to have."

same, unless you are over about 6'0". they are cut a little short and the straps are short.

The insulation in the boot ripped on mine and made them quite uncomfortable....

Spoonbillmallard

Well most of the time if anything on the inside of the boot rips then it usually means the boots are too tight. You may have the right boot size for your feet but when you put on thick or extra socks it makes it a tight fit. And after you take them on and off repeatedly for a few years it will do that. But even if you have had them past the Cabelas 1 year warrenty, just call them and tell them what happened and most of the time if it is a manufacturing defect they will replace them well after the warranty has expired. That is what also makes cabelas the best brand to have.....awesome customer service.

Latest posts