Vortex viper pst gen2 5-25x50 sfp

ADR

Looking for thoughts, opinions or experiences. Going on a savage 6.5-284. Used primarily for hunting and punching paper at long range. Have a 4.5-14x44 zeiss conquest on there now but targets at >400 yards seem a little small.

Only have second focal plane optics and to be honest apprehensive to go ffp.

TN Song Dog

That scope has a lot of features for the $1k price point. FFP let's you easily use holdovers at any magnification. Can also range and adjust for misses at any magnification. What is the apprehension?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
I will agree that 25x on a SFP scope would not be my choice.

Secondly, I would highly suggest not going with Vortex. I bought a PST G2 (3-15 FFP) last month and it's already taking a ride back to Vortex for warranty. I had previously sworn off Vortex after lots of tracking errors but decided to give the PST G2 a chance...that was a miserable failure.

Look st the SWFA HD scopes.

ADR

TN Song Dog":1ybmka57 said:
That scope has a lot of features for the $1k price point. FFP let's you easily use holdovers at any magnification. Can also range and adjust for misses at any magnification. What is the apprehension?

My apprehension is lack comfort with ffp. Please correct me if I am wrong as I have no experience with ffp but at low magnification the crosshairs "appear" smaller than at higher magnification. Entirely possible my brain has received this incorrectly. My worry would be close range moving shots and not being able to clearly see the crosshairs. Please educate me.

hunter0925

ADR":1ck6eo14 said:
TN Song Dog":1ck6eo14 said:

My apprehension is lack comfort with ffp. Please correct me if I am wrong as I have no experience with ffp but at low magnification the crosshairs "appear" smaller than at higher magnification. Entirely possible my brain has received this incorrectly. My worry would be close range moving shots and not being able to clearly see the crosshairs. Please educate me.

You are correct in that perception. In my experience I have not had any problems with the crosshairs being to fine for close range but your mileage may vary.

Latest posts