Vortex Razor AMG Impressions

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
About a month ago I purchased a Vortex Razor AMG to mount on top of my custom 300 win mag. Did a little shooting and a box test on it immediately after receiving it, but finally got a chance to try it out to 1400 yards yesterday.

First off, I'm not a big fan of Vortex and typically employ Nightforce NXS or ATACR scopes on my long range hunting rifles but the AMG was really everything I wanted in a scope... or at least on paper. The turrets are great, low profile, tactical feeling and the EBR-7 reticle is excellent. I was also wanting to stick with a FFP scope on this rifle.

We put about 70 rounds down range yesterday from 420 - 1400 yards and the scope performed flawlessly. The shooter did well too out to 1000, then had some issues with the Virginia hills crosswinds when stretching it out to 1400 yards :roll: Return to zero and tracking were spot on; hopefully it stays this way!

The scope weighed in at 29oz on my scale, which is a few ounces less than my Nightforce scopes. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the mechanics of the scope and the glass is superb. Chromatic aberration is minimal which is something each Vortex scope I've used has struggled with. Overall, this scope may become my favorite long range hunting scope. I need to put a little more trigger time behind it but so far Vortex May have swayed me with this scope.

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
hunter0925":2nnf370i said:
I have been waiting for you to post about that scope. I'm glad that it is working out for you. Maybe this will change your mind again on vortex.
Need a little more trigger time (and dialing time) but I believe I'm gonna order two more AMG's for a few other rifles - I like it that much.

hunter0925

markwondi":15dokytp said:
hunter0925":15dokytp said:
I have been waiting for you to post about that scope. I'm glad that it is working out for you. Maybe this will change your mind again on vortex.
Need a little more trigger time (and dialing time) but I believe I'm gonna order two more AMG's for a few other rifles - I like it that much.

That's awesome man. Give me a heads up if you do.

Latest posts