Vortex and other gadgets

Duck Tracker

I have used mallard machines, the old D battery Mojo's, the Mojo's we made out of alternators and ran cords to car batterys in the blinds and I even still have a PREpulsator that I made from a bilge pump and a duckbutt decoy.

I was working a waterfowl show this past weekend and I have got direction in making me a vortex for $8 out of a windshield wiper motor, some conduit and wire.

Anybody else made one of these?

I have seen them used in blinds and pits on other fields but never hunted over one. One guy I go draw with some bought one a few years ago and swears by them.

My pit is gonna look like ringling brothers barnum bailey circus this winter!:D

If I had some trees near by I'd make me one of them Taj Mahal landing mallards on a rope like Jeff has up there in Halls!:D

NoNtYpiCaL1

Share the knowledge. I made one couple years ago but know longer have it and cant really remember how i did it but it worked great.

Duck Tracker

I talked to a boy out of Jonesboro last night and he made one out of a litle ceiling fan motor. Said itwas alot easier.

Got a cheap fan at Wally world that had the drop pole on it and put a piece of threaded conduit on there then tapped the holes where the fan blades screw into the motor with a tooled piece of aluminum and hung the ducks on it. Ran cord to the blind and hooked her up to a car battery.

I may try that instead of having to buy the windshield wiper motor and weld the lines to that.

WE'll see.

Latest posts