Vols / Gators baseball

Displaced_Vol

Can't watch it cause ESPNU but not looking too good for the baseVols. Maybe they can get it going here in the late innings.

PalsPal

One thing is for sure, after last year's team flaunting their way through the season; this year's team is on every opponents radar and they are doing their best to club us like baby seals.

They obviously know how to hit our pitchers now, and our defense continues to be terrible.

Vitallo has his work cut out for him to mold this team. But, if they don't improve dramatically, we may not even make the tourney this year.

Displaced_Vol

I'll sound like a broken record but it's the starting pitching that's got me more puzzled than anything else. I said on a UT sports forum it feels like it's still early season to me but it's not, we're right in the thick of things and nothing feels settled. I'd move the rotation around and see if that does anything but wtf do I know.
On the other hand, we have played 2 of the best teams in the country. It's not going to get any easier either.
Maybe they will figure some stuff out and start playing better ball.

K-dub

A leader is going to have to step up and lead. They seem scared to death to be aggressive and swing, at least put the ball in play. They stand there looking for a home run pitch. This is not a home run team and they're going to have to learn to play small ball for now.

PalsPal

I mean sorta reminded me of myself…. YAHTZEE!!

I've had a few of those moments as well.

As the ball left the pitcher's hand, it looked like a basketball coming toward you as it hung in the sweet spot, and as soon as you made contact, you knew.

And from the sound, everyone else knew. All the pitcher could do was drop his head. Depending on your mood, you might talk a little trash, or just give him a little grin when he finally looked at you.

I miss those whiffleball games!

Latest posts