Volnation

THEdonkey0515

I called this last week "IF" , And they did, lose to Oklahoma. Vol fans would be Jumping onto CBJ.

Now if we go out and get Beat by Florida, And start the season 2-2 with wins over BG & Western Carolina :?

Then go face Arkansas, Georgia, And Bama in a row that probably will not turn out well :|

CBJ is on the edge of a very hot seat, He can get the fans back on his side with a Win at the swamp, Drop that game, and fans are gonna go NUTS!

buckaroo

This team and coaches have not learned how to win. It had better come soon, as in Gainesville. Vols gave another game away. We got out coached, kicking a field goal from 1 yard line was a head scratcher

THEdonkey0515

Kicking a 40+ yard field goal was dumb also, Kid missed two FGs by 6 miles against BG one of them inside 30 yards.

As soon as I seen him come out to try his CAREER long last night, I turned to the people around me and said " This is gonna do nothing but give OU good field position".

When your at home trying to Upset a higher ranked team, A TOP 20 team. And you have the ball at the 2 foot line you gotta go for it. I was screaming dumb call as soon as the FG team ran out onto the field.

huntinkev

THEdonkey0515":19e1vpvr said:
I called this last week "IF" , And they did, lose to Oklahoma. Vol fans would be Jumping onto CBJ.

Now if we go out and get Beat by Florida, And start the season 2-2 with wins over BG & Western Carolina :?

Then go face Arkansas, Georgia, And Bama in a row that probably will not turn out well :|

CBJ is on the edge of a very hot seat, He can get the fans back on his side with a Win at the swamp, Drop that game, and fans are gonna go NUTS!
It's not that we lost, but how we lost. I'm not jumping ship, but the coaches specifically Jones and debord lost this game. The D did all they could and we're simply out of steam at end of game. Our offense did nothing in the second half except run very little time off the clock. I wasn't happy with the debord hire and I believe last night was justification. Debord is old school, get a touchdown lead and shut it down and hope defense holds on. We have more than enough talent we just need an offensive coach now! Debord proved in first two games that he has got to go, give Azzani the reigns it can't be any worse.

Go Vols!

THEdonkey0515

Yup, CBJ plays it way to safe. 4th and 2 foot you have a stud HB, GO FOR IT! Your the underdogs at home!! If you don't make it then Oklahoma has to drive 99 yards.

I thought after Oklahoma tied the game at 17, And kicked off the ball to UT. Tennessee had TWO timeouts and 33 Seconds? And they take a Knee:/ a FG wins the game. Why not run a screen or draw run a little clock call a time out,then sling it down field 30+ yards and let Are WRs try to make a play to at least Try to get in FG range to win the game. If it gets intercepted o well not gonna be but a few clicks on the clock left anyways. The way are offense was playing I didn't feel good about going into OT.

Coaching did lose this game, But I would have not felt any better, if Oklahoma just out played them from the get go, over powered them, And crushed them by 17pts or something. With out CBJ & staff making questionable calls

huntinkev

33 seconds and we give up. I painfully remember several years ago, I think in 2001 that georgia took kickoff and drove down field in 47 seconds to score and win game. 33 seconds is a lot of time and we gave up. That had all people around me upset too. One guy left stands kicking and screaming

THEdonkey0515

huntinkev":1rjvj2i9 said:
33 seconds and we give up. I painfully remember several years ago, I think in 2001 that georgia took kickoff and drove down field in 47 seconds to score and win game. 33 seconds is a lot of time and we gave up. That had all people around me upset too. One guy left stands kicking and screaming
Yup, 33 seconds And two time outs is A lot of time, All they need was FG range, Even trying a 45 yarder for the heck of it would have been better then taking a knee.

Vermin93

Sounds like the Florida game is now a must-win game for the Vols this year.

I wonder how many Vol fans have the Boomer Sooner song in their head this morning. I think the OU band must have played it at least 200 times yesterday.

redblood

Gravey":1xuuuts1 said:
I'm not jumping ship and never will but a lot of head scratchers last night. Talking about stunned! It was a long drive back home.
\

i had a lot of friends at that game. i know it would have been a rough trip. there will be better days for y'all

redblood

gator-n-buck":pi90yufx said:
redblood":pi90yufx said:
done some research on him. i think he has the tools the vols are needing

next man up

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2091 ... gs-to-vols

I'm confused .... Just a few weeks ago, some had Dobbs in the running for the Heisman Trophy... :stir:

i was not among them. i am the one who took a lot of flack when i said he didn't have the tools to make it to the next level.

Latest posts