Vintage Computer Parts

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
In my continuing effort to downsize, I am cleaning out my stash of computer stuff. Over the past 30 years I have collected a ton of stuff via my job and hobbies. I have way too much stuff to list individually, but if you are in need of anything PM me. Most can be had for the cost of shipping.

I have motherboards and processors that go all the way back to the original Pentium and Athlon, processors, sound cards, video cards, fireware, USB, PCMCIA, ISA, PCI, -- RAM (SIMMS, DIMMS, SODIMMS), -- hard drives, 2.5", 3.5", SATA, PATA, SCSI, etc. Even some vacuum tubes. It all has to go, thought I would see if there is any interest here before it goes to recycling. Most can be had for the cost of shipping.

DaveTN

I was telling my daughter I have a ton of that stuff in the attic. Because as you get older, you tell yourself you never know when you may need that. 🙃

I told her, I won't live long enough to see it, but I have every version of MS operating systems from DOS 6.22 to Windows 11 that someday will be as collectable as a fully signed copy of the Beatles White Album.

I'm just kidding though, I just went through having to help my parents move into assisted living. So much of what my mother thought was valuable or collectable (because it had meaning to her) wasn't worth anything. I don't want to put my kids through that.

Hopefully someone can use your junk…errrrr..stuff.
🤣

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I was telling my daughter I have a ton of that stuff in the attic. Because as you get older, you tell yourself you never know when you may need that. 🙃

I told her, I won't live long enough to see it, but I have every version of MS operating systems from DOS 6.22 to Windows 11 that someday will be as collectable as a fully signed copy of the Beatles White Album.

I'm just kidding though, I just went through having to help my parents move into assisted living. So much of what my mother thought was valuable or collectable (because it had meaning to her) wasn't worth anything. I don't want to put my kids through that.

Hopefully someone can use your junk…errrrr..stuff.
🤣
I went through that when my mom died. My parents lived through the depression and didn't get rid of anything. We had to get a roll off dumpster to clean out her sheds and attic.

When I got my first computer, the 386 had just come out. Paid a mint for one, even though I was a student still. It paid off for me though and has kept me gainfully employed. For a long time when stuff was really expensive I had a lucrative side hustle repairing and upgrading stuff for businesses and individuals. But those days are long gone. Still good stuff to learn on though for those interested in programming or hardware interfacing.

I still have one of the original DOS manuals that had the little bird pointing out important things in the text, along with ATT Unix System V manuals. I guess I could start a museum.

Steverino

What vacuum tubes? Condition and ID please I might be interested if they are audio or radio. Specifically EL84 or 34 - 12AX7 or ECC83. GZ34 5U4GB EZ81 6V6GT 6L6GC. But there are cross references from US to UK/Germany etc etc. You aren't that far away from me either no shipping needed.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
What vacuum tubes? Condition and ID please I might be interested if they are audio or radio. Specifically EL84 or 34 - 12AX7 or ECC83. GZ34 5U4GB EZ81 6V6GT 6L6GC. But there are cross references from US to UK/Germany etc etc. You aren't that far away from me either no shipping needed.
I have a couple of boxes of tubes, maybe 100 to 150 total. Not sure what all is in there exactly, I picked them up from an estate sale with other electronic. I can take a look and see if I can find what you are looking for. I have not tried to ID any of them.

Steverino

I have a couple of boxes of tubes, maybe 100 to 150 total. Not sure what all is in there exactly, I picked them up from an estate sale with other electronic. I can take a look and see if I can find what you are looking for. I have not tried to ID any of them.
Thanks - if they are in clean boxes like they would be if new, you could show me a picture of some. I have plenty of junk tubes myself I have to get rid of. But I use the audio tubes in my guitar amps.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Thanks - if they are in clean boxes like they would be if new, you could show me a picture of some. I have plenty of junk tubes myself I have to get rid of. But I use the audio tubes in my guitar amps.
Only a few of them are in the original boxes. Most are loose. They were with some other very old electronics, vacuum tube volt meters and scopes. I have no way to test them and no first hand knowledge of their condition, just what I was told at the estate sale.

Latest posts