View from my blind

Rakkin6

Didn't see a bird but I saw a ton of deer of course. With Fort Campbell being pretty much shut down this season because of a huge training event my land is limited this year. But still going after them with my bow.

Attachments

• 31546.jpeg
    31546.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 5

Rakkin6

Well the land I am hunting is pretty thick so the longest shot I would have is 40 yards which I am confident. I am using a Barnett Whitetail 2 this season. Both my Tenpoints were blowing through my targets messing up my veins. So I sighted this one in to use during turkey season until my Blob target arrives, the blobs were on backorder. I could have gotten a Spyderweb or Bigshot but wanted the Blob and it will be here in a few weeks. Those crossbows are a different story. My stealth shoots a 455 grain arrow 390 fps and my Vengent shoots the same arrow about 420 fps. Honestly the farthest shot with either of those on an animal is 40 yards. Targets out to 70. I still have the compound mentality of 40 yards even with a crossbow. Shoulders and elbows just can't hold them back anymore though.

Rakkin6

You are trying to get all the panties ruffled! First, you are turkey hunting from a blind, and second you called your crossgun a bow! Take cover! 😅
Lol, well land is limited this year so no need to walk in circles. I have a pretty good idea on where and when they move. Hey no shame in my game using a crossbow. It gives me more time in the woods. I guess in that mind set smokeless muzzleloaders aren't muzzleloaders lol.

knightrider

Lol, well land is limited this year so no need to walk in circles. I have a pretty good idea on where and when they move. Hey no shame in my game using a crossbow. It gives me more time in the woods. I guess in that mind set smokeless muzzleloaders aren't muzzleloaders lol.
You would be correct, they are not "muzzleloaders" 😂

Latest posts