Vertical Jiggin Chick Dam

rsimms

Well it's been a hot minute since I've visited the forums. The last year has been working on a YouTube channel.

Good stuff... but here is my feedback. Personally I typically won't watch a fishing video that's more than 3 minutes long. MAYBE I'll last five minutes if it is an exceptionally good, action-packed piece, but never longer than that. When I am a spectator watching someone else catch fish, the only parts I care about are the bite/hookset and then landing the fish. All the seconds or minutes in between are usually quite boring. Exceptions are jumps or drag-screaming runs. Otherwise show me the beginning of the catch and the end, and I'm good.

I know the overwhelming majority of fishing YouTubers are routinely putting out 20-25 minute videos out there and I'm sure their most faithful followers are glued to every second. But if you're hoping to attract new followers - with typical Internet-driven short attention spans - in my humble opinion you need to think shorter.

There, I said it. :)

killingtime 41

Good stuff... but here is my feedback. Personally I typically won't watch a fishing video that's more than 3 minutes long. MAYBE I'll last five minutes if it is an exceptionally good, action-packed piece, but never longer than that. When I am a spectator watching someone else catch fish, the only parts I care about are the bite/hookset and then landing the fish. All the seconds or minutes in between are usually quite boring. Exceptions are jumps or drag-screaming runs. Otherwise show me the beginning of the catch and the end, and I'm good.

I know the overwhelming majority of fishing YouTubers are routinely putting out 20-25 minute videos out there and I'm sure their most faithful followers are glued to every second. But if you're hoping to attract new followers - with typical Internet-driven short attention spans - in my humble opinion you need to think shorter.

There, I said it. :)
Come on Elmo lol

Latest posts