Venison Round Recipe

Ski

I'm thawing a whole round and would like some recipe ideas. I generally throw them in a cooker with carrots, potatoes, and onions. While that's always good, I think I'd like to try something different, a little change up. I know we got some incredible cooks in here. Yall willing to share a recipe or two?

gatodoc

I crock pot mine with the ingredients you listed carrots, new potatoes, mushrooms, onions, a couple of bay leaves, salt and pepper, I also add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a package of dried onion soup. Cook on low or medium for 4-8 hrs.

Mountainman865

I like to take mine and put salt, paprika, garlic, celery seed, chili powder, and brown sugar on it and smoke it at about 220 degrees until it gets 130-135 internal temp which is usually 5-6 hours depending on the size of the roast. And then slice it real thin, it's really great for sandwiches or just a main protein.

Ski

This here... you will not be disappointed.
Hank Shaw's VENISON BARBACOA

We have found that it normally needs to cook for 5 or more hours, until it comes apart easy with a couple of forks.

Thank me later :)

I certainly will try it. I'll try all of these suggestions. Always trying to find a way to "spice" things up with venison, keeping it interesting. I'll report back as I try the dishes & let yall know how the family & I enjoy it. Thanks a bunch for the ideas!

Latest posts