Utility trailer to use behind ATV

Snowwolfe

I need a small trailer to pull behind my ATV. Main use will be for hauling firewood. Looking for something built heavy duty with real axles and bearings and wont fall apart in a year or two.
Any suggestions?

Tennessee Lead

We have built 2 for that exact reason and used old mortar mixer frames and axels. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow to show you

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

Rackseeker

005.jpg

trailers.jpg

I have built a few for this purpose, with different options. Built a couple where the lid folded open to make a camp table, with cargo rack on the lid to haul a couple coolers, couple with fold down rear doors, a couple that dumped. These little trailers are bullet proof and same width as the ATV to get around in the mountains. Nothing like getting several miles back in the mountains to camp and everything is still there and dry. Metal has gotten so high that I cant really make any money on them, so I havent built any in a couple years.

Rackseeker

Yes, took a nice dog box and built a pull behind dog box. Fella wanted one to pull behind his ATV, he mostly hunted farm land. I didnt think it would have worked very well in the mountians around here. It would have bounced the dogs pretty bad. LOL.......

Snowwolfe

Thought I would update this after buying a trailer:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_253168-15476-3. ... 80952&pl=1

So far been pretty happy with it and it is rated to carry 1,800 pounds and you can also use it on the highway but doubt I ever will. Pretty rugged and good for hauling wood and other stuff around the homestead. Great price as well. Not much wider than my ATV so you can take it pretty much anywhere. Just try to avoid backing it up because it is a biotch due to the small size!

Viper (tp)

I built this trailor with hunting in mind. Altho I have hauled 800 lbs of sack crete on it on ocations working on the farm. This trailor is unique, it tilts and has a winch to pull up my deer after the shot is made. I built it with good clearance as the sportsman 500 does for those cypris knees in the river bottoms were I hunt. It also has an upper deck for stands, backpacks, bow racks on the sides. It also has a longer tonge than most for the crossing of ditches, were the trailor wont hit the rack on the 4 wheeler. Just thought I would share.

jlanecr500

I built this one. It is my version of the ultimate atv trailer. A company makes one that costs about $500.00 but I kind of reverse engineered this one. The hitch is the trick that allows it to really articulate. I even hauled my hog trap over a mile into the woods on it.

Gvit

jlanecr500":vddhnt2w said:
I built this one. It is my version of the ultimate atv trailer. A company makes one that costs about $500.00 but I kind of reverse engineered this one. The hitch is the trick that allows it to really articulate. I even hauled my hog trap over a mile into the woods on it.

that is pretty sweet - I want one

Latest posts