Using Duck Blinds

HottyToddy

Hi all,

Packing up for my move to TN in 2 weeks. Went to go apply for a tier 1 blind and I guess I didn't realize you 1) needed to be a resident (will miss the deadline by 2 weeks) and 2) needed a minimum group size of 4. Unfortunately, I will not be applying for a blind this year.

So, how does it work with using other people's blinds? If I'm reading the Regs correctly, if the owner is not in their blind by first light it's fair game for walk in hunting. Am I understanding correctly? Is there any system/protocol to let people know/find the people who are skipping a morning? Or is it just hope and pray you didn't wake up for nothing? Just seems kind of unorganized to me. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Hi all,

Packing up for my move to TN in 2 weeks. Went to go apply for a tier 1 blind and I guess I didn't realize you 1) needed to be a resident (will miss the deadline by 2 weeks) and 2) needed a minimum group size of 4. Unfortunately, I will not be applying for a blind this year.

So, how does it work with using other people's blinds? If I'm reading the Regs correctly, if the owner is not in their blind by first light it's fair game for walk in hunting. Am I understanding correctly? Is there any system/protocol to let people know/find the people who are skipping a morning? Or is it just hope and pray you didn't wake up for nothing? Just seems kind of unorganized to me. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Nope, you are not missing anything. If you happen to know who is supposed to be in whatever blind you are wanting to hop, you can always ask them to let you know if they aren't gonna be there, or if they have an open spot for whatever day. You can always go to one of the walk in areas with a couple dozen decoys and give it a shot if you're shut out on hopping. After the opening days, there will probably be more open as folks figure out if there are ducks here or not.

Headhunter

Hi all,

Thanks!
Yep, you got it, UNORGANIZED is correct. The TWRA completely screwed up the system. It is truly hunting now and only the very lucky will do any killing.

Latest posts