Unbelieveble Shot

Toxophilite Phil

If you want to be impressed then read some of the stories of Howard Hill. The man was as good as the legend says. Killing an elk at 186 yds. Some of the stories never made any book. I friend of mine from West Virginia hunted with Howard numerous times. Howard did like to take a nip or two and didn't particularly like hunting the mornings. One evening while taking Howard out, my friend had a nice 6 point buck patterned and told Howard when and where he would see it. Howard said that he would shoot the deer in the ear. Later that evening picking Howard up, deer laying beside him. They loaded the deer up. My friend noticed that there was no hole anywhere on the deer to be seen. Trying to go unnoticed my friend stick his finger in the ear canal of the dead buck and what did he find.......a piece of arrow with the broadhead attached lodged firmly in the ear of this deer.

hunter drew

Toxophilite Phil said:
If you want to be impressed then read some of the stories of Howard Hill. The man was as good as the legend says. Killing an elk at 186 yds. Some of the stories never made any book. I friend of mine from West Virginia hunted with Howard numerous times. Howard did like to take a nip or two and didn't particularly like hunting the mornings. One evening while taking Howard out, my friend had a nice 6 point buck patterned and told Howard when and where he would see it. Howard said that he would shoot the deer in the ear. Later that evening picking Howard up, deer laying beside him. They loaded the deer up. My friend noticed that there was no hole anywhere on the deer to be seen. Trying to go unnoticed my friend stick his finger in the ear canal of the dead buck and what did he find.......a piece of arrow with the broadhead attached lodged firmly in the ear of this deer.

I would of love to have seen that