Umbrella for treestand

Mr.Bro

The Remington brand from Wal Mart has the most sturdiest hook up to the tree.Large course threads make for an easy screw in.The umbrella itself looks to be the same on most all models.

TboneD

I still have an el cheapo, but if I was to leave one over a stand between hunts it would be one that could withstand more wind like the Hawk Wingspan Ultimate umbrella. It's not cheap though, and sells on their site for $40.

LanceS4803

I have used 2:
Ameristep, about $30.
VERY sturdy piece of tubing screws easily into tree. It has a 90 degree elbow that bends to assist in screwing in and out. Umbrella attached into the elbow. Decent construction, although pricey. I have used it in tree stands (leave the tube screwed in and take the umbrella with you) and also while turkey hunting. Sitting against the tree, just quickly put it up right over you. Nice to have.

Allen, about $18
Just got this at Christmas. It has a large gauge wire that screws into the tree, BUT it doesn't go in easily. THere is a plastic hub at the end you are supposed to you as a handle, that doesn't really provide a good attachment to the wire, so hard to get in. Once in, you can''t unscrew, takes pliers or just wiggling it around until it comes out. Umbrella fits into the plastic hub. It does work well once put up, it is just the screwing in and out that is a total pain.

DMD

I CANNOT TELL you how many of the Treestand umbrella's with the plastic hubs I have had and BROKE! They are junk.

Just bought the Ameri-step umbrella. It's got a much bigger shaft, Looks much more sturdy and well designed than the kind with the plastic hub, BUT I have not field tested it yet.

stik

Vermin93":2dw2vj93 said:
Any ideas of what to treat them with to make them more waterproof? Mine started dripping at some of the seams after about a 30 min of taking rain.

seam sealer for a tent and campdry

DMD

stik":3yhe8kqi said:
pastorbmp":3yhe8kqi said:
I CANNOT TELL you how many of the Treestand umbrella's with the plastic hubs I have had and BROKE! They are junk.

i have one close to 20 years old.

WOW! I have had the metal threaded rod break, threads break off in the tree, plastic hub break. The last one I had, the plastic hub would just spin on the rod, so you couldn't screw it in the tree. One night, I got it out, epoxied it all together. Took it out the next time it rained and was trying to screw it in the tree and the metal rod twisted in 2.

Gravey

pastorbmp":2hnbxv6k said:
If its the one I'm thinking about that had a rod about 15" long with the round hub on one end where the umbrella goes and the other end screws into the tree they suck. Had one years ago and the first time I tried to unscrew it from the tree it broke. Took it back and swapped it and the same thing happened. The third one has been in the top of my closet for years and I haven't used it. Only thing I'd use it for is a ground blind.

DMD

Gravey":96xvzx9d said:
pastorbmp":96xvzx9d said:
If its the one I'm thinking about that had a rod about 15" long with the round hub on one end where the umbrella goes and the other end screws into the tree they suck. Had one years ago and the first time I tried to unscrew it from the tree it broke. Took it back and swapped it and the same thing happened. The third one has been in the top of my closet for years and I haven't used it. Only thing I'd use it for is a ground blind.

Yep...that's the one! Like I said - I bought an Ameristep brand this year, but haven't used it yet. It's built more like the Realtree screw-in Bow hanger. Much "beefier". I hope it holds up better.

scn

There is another route to go from the "plastic hub" type tree-brellas that are a pain to get screwed into the tree amd seem to break the first time out. And, if you didn't get it where it needed to go, you get to start all over.

Try a big golf umbrella. Well before the season so the smell will be gone, use some spray paint to camo up the umbrella and the shaft.

Remove a couple of the metal stays/rods from the umbrella so it will "mold" back against the tree where you have removed the stays.

To set it up, all you need are a couple of bungy cords around the umbrella and the tree. It is a lot faster than the other hanging deals, and easy to adjust up or down. And, there isn't much that can break with that system.

I've tried them all, and the camoed golf umbrella deal is where I have settled in.

Latest posts