Ultimate Hunting Snack!

BIG D

Chief Trealtree.. ummm... pemmican good ..hmmm. just not enough. When my boys eat this everbody will want more of this. May have to charge for my special pemmican.Cuz I see orders coming already. LOL.UMMM. Heck of a process from thawing ground for jerky, spicing, dehydrating to pemmican but man !! I strongly urge everyone to try this 1 time.
But be prepared to be hooked. Call this stuff... Crack Jerky.

FULLDRAWXX75

Pemican is a great use for that leftover venison you find in the back of the freezer from the previous yr.

I turn all my leftover into jerky and run it through the food processor then make the Pemican. When that is done, I cut and wrap the bars in alum. foil and place in a air tight container in the freezer for storing it, it last a long time that way.

The pemican is great on those hiking and fishing trips as well.

FDXX75

BIG D

I made ny 2nd batch last night. 1st time I added a 2oz bag of ground walnut pieces. This time all I had was some cajun peanuts to use.I doubled the batch up. Melting that cup of peanut butter is the way to go. Oh, also ground up a 1/4 cup of dried bannana pieces.
Really good as a late night snack with a glass of milk.
Taste that peanut butter and cranberrries about the time the cajun and cayenne kick in. Really unique and tasty!

ShaneHallum

question.. What does the deer meat taste like with PB in the mix. I'm sure everything else would be great. but that seems like a wild combo to me.

I'm gonna give it a try.

Latest posts