Ultimate Hunting Snack!

trealtree

Well I have been researching what American Indians ate while out on the trail hunting. The food of choice was Pemmican. I decided to make the old recipe healthier recipe below:

Ingredients:

1 cup powdered/grinded beef/deer jerky

1 cup of dried/powder/grinded cranberries

1/2 cup of Quaker oats "oatmeal" dried/grinded

1 teaspoon or to taste Kosher Salt

Light Caro Syrup or Honey

Dash of ginger powder

Dash of Tony Chacheres creole seasoning.

Dash of Cayenne pepper.

Mix powdered jerky and grinded cranberries and oats into bowl add in honey/syrup 4 tablespoons roughly. mix together with spoon or hands work better.

pem1.jpg

Mix in around 1/2 cup of peanut butter and throughly mix in all ingredients and spices. Pat mixture out on wax paper or aluminum foil and cut into pieces.

pem2.jpg

Takes pieces and individually wrap then in plastic wrap, they are ready for the fridge until your hunting trip.

pem3.jpg

High Octane High Protein Hunting Snacks. And they dont taste too bad either.

trealtree

BIG D said:
Thanks for the recipe. It looks good. I'll be trying this one

I took several pieces to work today and let 10 co-workers try a piece. I got positive feedback from all of them, they said it was really good.

whackmnstackm

Chaneylake said:
7mm08 said:
I'm with TRealtree...my buddy's wife won't hardly eat anything at all too..except Burger King!

image002222.jpg

I had a date with the one on the far right, onk, onk, lmrfao

I believe she is the queen to that creepy Burger King in the commercials. You can tell by the subtle "love chunks" tattoo near the cup. Nice to see a woman who knows and flaunts her assets. The visual of the what the coin slot holds is scary though.

FULLDRAWXX75

BIG D said:
Wanted to bring this back to the top . Been thinking about this for a while. Looks great. Time to try it. Woo Hoo.

Man I surely hope you are talking about the pemican and not the Burger King chick in the pic..............LOL.

FDXX75

BIG D

Now that's funny fulldraw!! No wonder mine isn't turning out right. Didn't realize you're suppose to melt peanut butter. Dang it !! Next one will have to wait. My hand hurts. lol
FULLDRAWXX75 said:
BIG D said:
Wanted to bring this back to the top . Been thinking about this for a while. Looks great. Time to try it. Woo Hoo.

Man I surely hope you are talking about the pemican and not the Burger King chick in the pic..............LOL.

FDXX75

BIG D

Yes Fulldraw!! Recipe diddn'y mention melting the peanut butter. Mine is lacking from just mixing it in but it will have to do. Added walnuts as well ground in my coffee grinder

BIG D

Well the end result, turns out pretty good considering the PB fiasco. Starts off sweet, tasting cranberries and walnuts. Then spice comes thru at the end (and following). The wife tried and said it was good but cut back on the spice next time. He He !
Guess I made everything Tbl SPOONS versus tsp.. Ooops!!

trealtree

BIG D said:
Well the end result, turns out pretty good considering the PB fiasco. Starts off sweet, tasting cranberries and walnuts. Then spice comes thru at the end (and following). The wife tried and said it was good but cut back on the spice next time. He He !
Guess I made everything Tbl SPOONS versus tsp.. Ooops!!

Exactly how its supposed to taste. I am testing a few pieces in the fridge and at room temp. None have spolied yet.

Latest posts