Ugh...

BSK

Went to check some pine seedlings I had planted the week before only to find the bulldozer operator working with the logging crew had gone back and resmoothed skidder ruts I had already planted. Had to replant a couple hundred seedlings I had JUST planted. When it rains it pours... :mad:

JCDEERMAN

Frustrating isn't it? I planted 6 pecan trees a couple years ago in one of our fields. Put ribbon on them and everything. Went back a month or so later to see that my cousin had bush-hogged the entire field. They were given to me by a friend, but I just hate putting the time into something for something to go wrong. Wasn't his fault - just a lack of communication I guess.

DoubleRidge

I planted some red oak seedlings in multiple locations going out our long driveway....tied ribbon on then.... retired father-in-law decided he was gonna help me out mowing one day while I was at work.....very nice gesture.....other than mowing half my seedlings down.....I never said a word....just thanked him for mowing and moved on....it happens.

JCDEERMAN

I planted some red oak seedlings in multiple locations going out our long driveway....tied ribbon on then.... retired father-in-law decided he was gonna help me out mowing one day while I was at work.....very nice gesture.....other than mowing half my seedlings down.....I never said a word....just thanked him for mowing and moved on....it happens.
🤣 One of those things you just bite your tongue, shake your head and move on

Chaneylake

I mowed down about 150 freshly planted pine trees in 1960, I was 10 years old. When Dad found out a day or so later I received a very lovely azz whipping.
About 30 years after the above event Dad wrote a very healthy check to have the worrisome remaining trees removed. He then called me. Bought us a steak dinner, gave me $200 cash and apologized for whipping my azz when I on purpose mowed down the trees.

MrJim43

2-Step Enabled
Back in the 50's we planted 10,000 of those D*** pine trees got paid $100.00 bucks. Lot of money back in those days for a family. 3X10 pattern I believe. I know a few got placed 10 or 20 to a hole... Some of the trees a few years back before the last major ice storm were in the the 3 to 4 foot butt range. Most all of the big ones are gone now. Now the place is in some places so covered up with pines it would take a bull dozier to clear a path.

BSK

In a widescale hardwood environment, small patches of pines are a goldmine for deer. But in very large areas, a monoculture of pines can become a biological desert.

Latest posts