Two Bucks

MOCON4TN

Three years owning this property. Got rid of the guy who was poaching deer and have been working to improve the habitat. Went from not holding any bucks to seeing these two regularly. What do you think? Shoot one (which)or wait another year?
Thanks.

Attachments

• AA8F8E56-5E71-445E-A95B-A615FFE7DBE5.jpeg
    AA8F8E56-5E71-445E-A95B-A615FFE7DBE5.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 1,902

tree_ghost

Hard to tell the age of the one that's facing away but the 8pt looks like a healthy 2.5yo. He could end up being a really nice one in a year or two but it's no guarantee...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOCON4TN

I've not had the opportunity to harvest a buck with a rack that nice. As I mentioned I've been working to have better deer on the property. I've only 40 acres but have approximately 100 acres under control with the cooperation of my neighbors. I'm cool to wait and/or harvest a doe. There is another buck running on the property but not nearly as nice as these two. Also, was surprised to catch then together in one trail cam photo.

tree_ghost

MOCON4TN":3cy0rjip said:
I've not had the opportunity to harvest a buck with a rack that nice.

Man if that deer trips your trigger when you pull the trail cam cards then don't even look at another post on this thread. Put a game plan together and bust his freakin rump!!!!!! This is your journey and you have been the one to put the work in on improving habitat and facilitating an environment that would make these bucks want to frequent your place. Sounds to me like your ready to enjoy the fruits of your labor and I don't blame you one bit!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tn24

tree_ghost":1fvkzgu3 said:
MOCON4TN":1fvkzgu3 said:

Man if that deer trips your trigger when you pull the trail cam cards then don't even look at another post on this thread. Put a game plan together and bust his freakin rump!!!!!! This is your journey and you have been the one to put the work in on improving habitat and facilitating an environment that would make these bucks want to frequent your place. Sounds to me like your ready to enjoy the fruits of your labor and I don't blame you one bit!!!

x2

tndave59

tn24":31m1p596 said:
tree_ghost":31m1p596 said:
MOCON4TN":31m1p596 said:

x2

^^^This^^^

JCDEERMAN

tree_ghost":3nkf2j54 said:
MOCON4TN":3nkf2j54 said:

Yep!

Latest posts