Turkeys galore!!

hunterchub

I sat in my truck today and counted over 150 turkeys in one field. Its a place Im trapping. NO HUNTING ALLOWED!! Landowner said they just have too many problems with hunting. Just goes to show ya how bad hunters can mess things up. I will continue to butter up the landowner and prove there are some of us good people left. 1000 acres!!!!!

4onaside

hunterchub said:
I sat in my truck today and counted over 150 turkeys in one field. Its a place Im trapping. NO HUNTING ALLOWED!! Landowner said they just have too many problems with hunting. Just goes to show ya how bad hunters can mess things up. I will continue to butter up the landowner and prove there are some of us good people left. 1000 acres!!!!!
Well, they are not married to that 1,000 acres, since I understand that a gobbler ranges up to about 3,500 acres, and a hen just somewhat less than that. Do some landowner scouting and see if you can't get permission in the vicinity. The turkeys don't know where this guys boundaries are. LOL

TN Deer Slayer

4onaside said:
hunterchub said:
Well, they are not married to that 1,000 acres, since I understand that a gobbler ranges up to about 3,500 acres, and a hen just somewhat less than that. Do some landowner scouting and see if you can't get permission in the vicinity. The turkeys don't know where this guys boundaries are. LOL

Exactly.
If you get refused by him
it wouldnt hurt to try
neighboring lands.

-John

Latest posts