Turkey Season 2022!!

Remington700

I would like to see some more changes moving forward. I thought we would have experienced more change last season than the reduction of 1 bird. Time will tell.

Andy S.

To my knowledge, no. They set the turkey season dates, duration, bag limits, etc every two years and they were last agreed on and set at May 2020 Commission meeting. With that said, I highly suspect some parts of the State will see some changes for the 2023/2024 turkey seasons. Time will tell.

*** Just checked the signed/executed May 26, 2021 proclamation and it has been signed for next Spring's turkey season. No changes that I could see from a quick scan. ***

Winchester

I too would like to see more reductions, especially to the Fall season and killing of Hens. Here in my part of the state our Turkey population has been on the decline for a few years now and its really starting to show in total number of birds!

deerfever

I too would like to see more reductions, especially to the Fall season and killing of Hens. Here in my part of the state our Turkey population has been on the decline for a few years now and its really starting to show in total number of birds!
Fall season is just one bearded bird , The only way to kill a hen legally in TN is if it has a beard. I wish they would stop the hen killing also but it seemed from discussion they had at one of the meetings i watched that they are afraid some can't tell the difference when they have a beard. I would think most people would know but maybe someone new to the sport or something?

MickThompson

I would like to see some more changes moving forward. I thought we would have experienced more change last season than the reduction of 1 bird. Time will tell.
This was the first season after the change- what were you expecting? You're 2 Springs away from hunting any gobblers that might have resulted from the change

Remington700

This was the first season after the change- what were you expecting? You're 2 Springs away from hunting any gobblers that might have resulted from the change
I agree that results will not be immediate. I wish they would have dropped the number to 2 birds to start with. If the population is in as big of a decline as they say, this would have been better. They could also change it like deer and have different kill numbers based on zones.

Latest posts