Turkey population in Huntington

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
Looks like I found a last minute farm to hunt while visiting my in-laws for Easter. I'll get to see the farm on Friday. Didn't know what to expect. I know turkey populations can vary in different pockets. Anyone hunt much in the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Sportsman

krazykarl_13":133o0o95 said:
Looks like I found a last minute farm to hunt while visiting my in-laws for Easter. I'll get to see the farm on Friday. Didn't know what to expect. I know turkey populations can vary in different pockets. Anyone hunt much in the area?

Most of Carroll county is good. I cant speak to your specific farm, but there are plenty of turkeys around Huntingdon.

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
Southern Sportsman":3rfkh765 said:
krazykarl_13":3rfkh765 said:

Most of Carroll county is good. I cant speak to your specific farm, but there are plenty of turkeys around Huntingdon.

I can't speak of it either. The owner is going to drive me out there in Friday. I figured it beats not going for sure. Hearing the woods wake up will be a bonus. I'm just hoping it's not all fields.

cbhunter

Born and raised here in Huntingdon. I will be in the area. Like most places, there aren't nearly as many turkeys here as there was 15-20 years ago but with that being said, I have no trouble killing some every year!

Southern Sportsman

krazykarl_13":as5ne1su said:
Southern Sportsman":as5ne1su said:
krazykarl_13":as5ne1su said:

I can't speak of it either. The owner is going to drive me out there in Friday. I figured it beats not going for sure. Hearing the woods wake up will be a bonus. I'm just hoping it's not all fields.

If you know the owner's name, you can pull up aerial maps pretty easily and get an idea of the layout. That's the first thing I would do.

Latest posts