turkey calls

Harvester

what is your favorite call slate, glass, mouth call, box etc. what about strikers laminated or one solid piece. i'm a die hard slate call man and got to love those laminated strikers.

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
I love a slate but not just any slate. I have to hear them outside really to get the true sound of it.

I wish I was good at mouth call. My son is awesome at it and can make any sound with one a turkey makes.
I will be so glad when he learns to control his calling. I think he calls to much. But what do i know he sure has dirt rolled more than i ever thought of doing.

make'em strut

I love a slate call but my favorite is a Wood haven cherry crystal and i also like to use a mouth call also wood haven pro series Matt Vancise the two calls are the best IMO and they sound so good when i use them both at the same time

Harvester

make'em strut said:
I love a slate call but my favorite is a Wood haven cherry crystal and i also like to use a mouth call also wood haven pro series Matt Vancise the two calls are the best IMO and they sound so good when i use them both at the same time
i don't know if you have heard of cane creek calls but check them out best call you can buy for 35 bucks. mouth calls are great also

RAFI

I usually use a mouth call.If a turkey wants to die thats all it takes.I like it for the ones that sneak in on you also.Don't like to put my gun down to use a call.

TheAirMan

Mine was a H.S. Strut Raspy Old Hen mouth call. However, the one I used last year was those new green or yellow or whatever color they are. The reeds wanted to stick together a lot. I went to a Primos I got to try and liked it. I'll probably give the HS another try maybe I just got a bad call or something.

A

Anonymous

+1 for woodhaven mouth calls, they sound great.
I've tred evry thing wally world had but they all sounded like a squeak toy for a cat, finaly broke down and spent the money for the wood hven (dont let the price scare ya, ther worth it in my book) and aint looked back.
My fave is the classic v3 ( great for yelps and cuttin with not to much rasp) or the red wasp ( has a little keener sound for a killer cackle or kee kee)

A

Anonymous

I''ve killed more turkeys with my old Tom Gaskins "Cracker" call than any other call I own.

nate17

I usually try and throw a good mix of slates and mouth. Until I get one really fired up on a sound. I got a crystal slate thats old faithful for me though.

bvoss

nate17 said:
I usually try and throw a good mix of slates and mouth. Until I get one really fired up on a sound. I got a crystal slate thats old faithful for me though.

Got a Woodhaven Crystal slate call that my wife got me at a yardsale for 5 bucks! Just got it last summer. After I basically tackled her with a huge hug, I opened it up and realized it had never even been sanded! :grin: That thing sounds amazing and I cant wait to use it this year. I got onto the Woodhaven train last year by buying one of their strikers and buying their mouth calls. They'll make you throw away the other ones :D

TurkeyBurd

Cane Creek slates are the finest, hands down.

Love both the slate and glass.

Killed several with both.

Mouth calls are my favorite, but they all sound the same.

Slates to get their attention, and mouths to bring them in.

WHHHAAAAAAATT?

Latest posts