TSS Turkey Shotshells #9

scn

Good luck!

With the supply chain issues and the demand, I will be surprised to find any "deals". I think the best you can hope for is to find some, period.

But, there have been deals in years past, so I hope you find some on the cheap.

Gobble4me757

Only reason I had bought federal in the past was b/c it used to be relatively cheap…now it's more expensive than apex and others with less shot and worse patterns…just saying

deerfever

I bet it will be hard to find and probably not be any clearance sales if you do get lucky. Maybe they will catch up before turkey season. I shoot Federal and have not seen any even before turkey season. Good luck!

rem270

I like Apex ammo
I second the apex ammo. My TriStar likes the stock choke and 8.5 shot out of my 20 ga. 9 shot blew the pattern a little much than I like. I bought a Carlson's.555 and going to try the 9 shot out of it. If I don't like it I'll stick with the factory and 8.5 apex ninjas.

deerfever

I have gotten great patterns out of the Federal, I shoot a Carlson 575 out of 3 guns and shoot the factory 585 out of my Retay. Patterns are really nice, I am sure some of the others may be better but at the cost of experimentation to see, I go with the ole if it ain't broke don't fix it philosophy! Lol

Gmed

Between my boy and I, we have 12 boxes of the Federal TSS 20 gauge #9s. Have killed everything we have shot at with them including five gobblers and two coyotes. I found our guns really like the Apex Ninja 8.5 shot though, so we are going to that as soon as they restart production. I will sell all 12 boxes for $45 per box as soon as I can get the Ninja. Not going to sell before then but I can get a name and holler back if you are interested…..

Rakkin6

Foxtrot Ammo shoots pretty good also. You may want to give them a look. But shooting TSS #9 either way it's a boatload of shot going towards your target.

Rakkin6

I second the apex ammo. My TriStar likes the stock choke and 8.5 shot out of my 20 ga. 9 shot blew the pattern a little much than I like. I bought a Carlson's.555 and going to try the 9 shot out of it. If I don't like it I'll stick with the factory and 8.5 apex ninjas.
You shooting the Apex Ninjas with that #8.5. Never tried them myself but I have seen some patterns and they so perform.

rem270

You shooting the Apex Ninjas with that #8.5. Never tried them myself but I have seen some patterns and they so perform.
That's 30 yards with factory choke. I pulled a little to the right but it's a killer for sure with the 8.5 ninjas. I killed my big bird this year at about 45 with it. Don't like shooting them that far but it hung up twice and couldn't get him closer.

Attachments

• 20220419_180016.jpg
    20220419_180016.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 49

Hduke86

Let me tell y'all my experience with Apex. I ordered a good chunk of tss 12 gauge at once for me and a couple buddies. The order was EXPENSIVE. Well it said it was "delivered" and I believe it was. Now I don't know if the driver took it, some crackhead took it off my porch cause my huge Labrador that stayed on the porch had recently passed so no "guard dog", or if my elderly neighbor with dementia picked it up when he came over for a visit cause he has done that plenty lol. Well I got in touch with Apex and spoke to someone named Andrew Wall. He went above and beyond after I told him the situation RIGHT BEFORE TURKEY SEASON. He said it may be a few days and that he'll make it right. I told him it's not their fault for @&$)&& thieves and that I would file a claim with the delivery company. Well 3 days later he had sent the exact same EXPENSIVE package to my parents address I asked to just send ONE box that I would pay for to. I called and told him I got another package for more then what I paid for and he said I just resent it and don't worry about a claim cause it'll never be approved. So to say that Apex has a customer for life is an understatement. BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

mike52

Let me tell y'all my experience with Apex. I ordered a good chunk of tss 12 gauge at once for me and a couple buddies. The order was EXPENSIVE. Well it said it was "delivered" and I believe it was. Now I don't know if the driver took it, some crackhead took it off my porch cause my huge Labrador that stayed on the porch had recently passed so no "guard dog", or if my elderly neighbor with dementia picked it up when he came over for a visit cause he has done that plenty lol. Well I got in touch with Apex and spoke to someone named Andrew Wall. He went above and beyond after I told him the situation RIGHT BEFORE TURKEY SEASON. He said it may be a few days and that he'll make it right. I told him it's not their fault for @&$)&& thieves and that I would file a claim with the delivery company. Well 3 days later he had sent the exact same EXPENSIVE package to my parents address I asked to just send ONE box that I would pay for to. I called and told him I got another package for more then what I paid for and he said I just resent it and don't worry about a claim cause it'll never be approved. So to say that Apex has a customer for life is an understatement. BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.
I am glad that you had a great experience with APEX, I didn't. About 6/7 years ago I ordered some TSS # 8 from them received in good condition, come to find out that the batch that I got was defective (had bad power) They did put out a recall for them but after 3 texts .2 phone calls and an on-line inquire I still to this day have NOT GOTTEN ANY SATIFACTION from them. So, I may be missing out on Apex but once bitten...

Hduke86

I am glad that you had a great experience with APEX, I didn't. About 6/7 years ago I ordered some TSS # 8 from them received in good condition, come to find out that the batch that I got was defective (had bad power) They did put out a recall for them but after 3 texts .2 phone calls and an on-line inquire I still to this day have NOT GOTTEN ANY SATIFACTION from them. So, I may be missing out on Apex but once bitten...
I can understand the frustration for sure in that situation

Latest posts