TSS Question

Hawk

Would someone offer a suggestion what diameter choke that they would use with a 12 gauge TSS # 9 shot & feel confident shooting a turkey from 20 to 40 yards.

Southern Sportsman

What gun?

The only way to know for sure is to pattern it, but give us some details on the gun you're shooting (model and barrel length) and you get can get some suggestions.

megalomaniac

I suspect just about any turkey choke will kill the snot out of them with a full 2 oz load of #9 TSS out to 40 yds. If you want to reliably go out to 50, I'd start with a .660 or .665 and definetly pattern it to be sure. Indian Creek seems to be the favorite flavor nowadays. (Disclaimer- I do not hunt with a 12g... so I have no real world experience; just info I've gleaned from reading)

UpperTully

It's dependent on your gun.

For me, I'm running a .665 Sumtoy in my Benelli M2, if I had to buy another it would be a .665 Indian Creek.

Hawk

Thanks guys Browning Maxus 28" barrel/ Browning BPS Turkey 26" barrel. Both invector plus chokes. I have a slew of Carlson chokes. Black cloud is extra full, Cremator Long Range and two of Carlson tightest turkey chokes.

Latest posts