TSS and long range article

Great article, as with any new technology just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Sadly, I feel many these days take no issue with shallowing the experience of the hunt by killing a turkey at such a yardage. Folks will do literally anything to kill a turkey for social media likes these days!

Doskil

Some states allow rifles (pretty sure Virginia does) so I don't see the point of using tss at 90 yards vs a rifle

Allenb

I have 5 boxes of #9 20 ga if someone wants to try!
$45 per box!

Just didn't pattern in my gun

Attachments

• 50F169C0-DCEF-453A-87EC-03D4C7151249.jpeg
    50F169C0-DCEF-453A-87EC-03D4C7151249.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 38

LanceS4803

Honestly I can't speak to the content of the article itself as I stopped reading at "...70 and 90 yards..." in the header. The simple action of even performing the review deserves a demerit.
Bottom line, the article did NOT recommend shooting turkeys at that distance. My Winchester XR load held it's own in the testing, at reasonable distances.
I've never shot one over 25yds, can't imagine even 50yds.

elknturkey

It's all thanks to manufacturers for pushing the long ranges and it started before tss. Hevi shot and Winchester were both touting their long range shells years ago. Then you have some moron on social media touting his 70,80,90 yard kill then it becomes gospel to the masses. No different than the guy that use to brag killing one at 50 yards with his #4 lead even though anybody with sense knew it was by a lucky pellet.

From my testing 60 yards is about the max limit I'd feel comfortable with based on pattern but I've never tried nor will. A turkeys head is awful small at that distance looking through a red dot and with a bead or rifle sights it's a pray and spray. Then you have to compensate for drop on top of that. Tss has its limitations but too many people are easily swayed and buy into whatever crap the manufacturers or some Joe blow is spewing.